Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hello Mommies!

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:26 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 244 Total Views

I just thought that we should all introduce ourselves so we can get to know each other!

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
efeyer25
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:30 AM

My name is Erin & I am a mommy to 3 kiddos ages 5, 7 & 12. My 5 yr old just recently started Kindergarten & she takes her lunch almost everyday because she is a very picky eater! I would love to hear everyone's lunch box ideas!!

SelaCarsen
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:57 AM

I'm Sela. I have two kids. The Monkey Princess is 12 and in 7th grade. Monkey Boy is 8 and in 3rd grade.

We do some days of taking lunch and some days of buying the school dinner. My DS has a very small appetite and it's disheartening sometimes to pack a lunch, then see 90% of it come home. I think he actually eats more when he gets the school dinner. He's also very slim.

My DD, otoh, has a tendency to scarf down junk food like there's no tomorrow, which has led to a serious Buddha belly. She's not happy with it and I'm trying to encourage her to eat healthy and be active, rather than talking about how she needs to go on a diet or slim down. We talked yesterday and I told her that she still had a lot of growing to do and that her body wasn't quite ready to change shape like some of her, ahem, more developed friends.

One of the changes we've committed to this year is to taking more packed lunches, rather than eating the not-very-healthy options her middle school provides. She puts together a lunch at night. So far, it's been a sandwich and a yogurt and maybe a piece of fruit. I'd like to give her more options, though, and the more "whole food" it is, the better.

Sela Carsen -- Have Coffee, Will Write

coffee

babonwy
by Group Owner on Aug. 26, 2009 at 12:07 PM

Hi

My name is Heather...My daughter is starting preschool in september..

I also Have another DD who is 19 months and another Bun in the Oven who is due feb 23 2010.

ceemuhreeashbee
by New Member on Aug. 30, 2009 at 9:57 PM

Hey-

I'm Cassie, I'm a SAHM and DD will be starting pre-school next year, but I am eager to try new ideas for her for lunch so I can get a better idea of what to pack next year (yeah, 2 1/2 years together and I still don't have something she will consistently eat haha).

a wedding website

I'm a breast/bottle feeding, co-sleeping the first year, kiss on the lips & tell her I love her every day kind of mom. I can let her CIO, but when she calls 'mommy' I'm on my feet and there in a heartbeat. I want my daughter to have many different experiences & to love everyone regardless of their's. I'm anti-abortion, for the right to bear arms, and completely against telling someone who they can and can't love.

P.johnson
by on Sep. 2, 2009 at 1:33 PM

Hi my name is Patrice and we have three girls ages 9,6,and in a couple of days 5. They are all in school and I pack lunches everyday they enjoy taking their lunches and get to help the night before. I do cold lunches and have also purchased a thermos for hot lunches or like their favorite leftover so not to much work for me lol. I'm excited to get some new ideas and share some of what I have tried..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)