Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Trying to conceive, but not really

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:18 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 240 Total Views

Hello there...I am a 28 year old female, and I have had two hard years...in 2007, i was pregnant with my first child, and at 12 weeks, during my first trimester screening, the docs couldn't find a heartbeat...5 days later, i had a D&C done...in August 2008, i became pregnant again, very excited...the pregnancy was going well..i was collecting and staring at the sonograms pics every mn...unfortunately, on the day of Thanksgiving, my membranes ruptured at 18 weeks...i was rushed to the ER, the doc checked me out and sent me back home, asking me to follow up with my OB the following monday...by Monday, i was losing the baby..it was a little boy..and since then i've been depressed, on and off...i haven't really been trying, but i'm not taking any birth control or anything...if it happens, then it does..i will be happy...the doc says that i will have to get a cerclage done the next time, and i am praying to God that it would result in a beautiful bb...

Thinking about Ariel..my little Angel in heaven..12/1/2008angel

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
olive_ya314
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 5:10 AM

Hey there, I was pretty much where you are at not too long ago.  I too suffered from MC's and was extremely depressed afterwards.  I gained about 15 pounds I was so depressed. DH and I weren't really trying but we weren't not trying either.  But I decided to go see my OB/GYN and he put me on BC and say that we stick with it for a few months and then try again.  I lost the weight and then some, so now I feel alot more optimistic about starting to try again cuz I'm healthier now.  But even though I feel better I still stress about it.  And it makes it hard to stay optimistic.  But much like you were are just going to wait and see what happens.  But I will definitely send you some gooey baby dust.  Good luck Hun...remember...when you least expect it.

LadyAA
by New Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:03 AM

Thank you so much for the kind words...I am so sorry for your loss...i've been there as you know...every month, my body plays tricks on me, making me think that i'm pregnant...as of right now, my temp. is elevated...i have headaches...and i was very lightheaded last sunday, a lot of blurry vision from time to time these days, which i usually don't have...i'm eating non stop, it's incredible...and i feel some mild cramps also...and on top of that, my mother woke up yesterday, asking me if i was pregnant, because she's been having all these dreams about someone being preggers...my period is due on Tuesday..so maybe i'm just PMSing...we'll see...if it happens, then i'll be happy, if it doesn't, i won't be sad either...I think that i'm just too stressed about losing my job in june that i don't think that i can get pregnant under all this stress...

paulsgirl1297
by Member on Nov. 13, 2009 at 9:26 AM

I am sorry for your losses, I too lost my little girl at 18 weeks due to Incompetent cervix as well. I coudln't believe that I was going to have to give birth and have to bring my baby home in an Urn, I thought the world was crashing in on me and ijust wanted to close my eyes and sleep for as long as it took the pain in my heart to go away.  I still have good days where I can be happy ( those are getting more frequent lately) and I have the bad days when it feels like it was only last week it happened.We started trying again almost right away -I just had to fill that empty space inside that i felt was missing something ya know. I had to have another surgery and went thru 2 IUI with injectables and we are due july13 -and I will have to have the cerclage too- they also mentioned the p-17 shots so maybe you want to ask about those , i think it helps prevent preterm labor .  I wish you all the luck in world an hope all goes well for you

LadyAA
by New Member on Nov. 13, 2009 at 9:42 AM

I'm so sorry for your loss as well...when i was actually  pregnant in December I used to have these cramps around my 14th and 15th weeks, and i thought that it was just ligaments pain, again, i did not know that they could have been labor pain...so i never mentioned them to my doctor. My mother used to tell me that it wasn't normal to have those pain during pregnancy. Maybe if i had mentioned those pain to my doctor, it would have been a different story, and they would have given me those  P17 shots like you said...well, now i know to question every single thing that seems abnormal or even normal.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)