Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hospital Urine test. piog

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 3:54 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 337 Total Views

Hey ya'll I had to go to the er last night because I was having severe cramps. I am 7 dpo and the urine test came back negative. Do you think I could still be pregnant because I thought it was too early to tell by urine. they didnt want to do a blood test they said I didnt need it. I'm very skeptic about taking the drugs they gave me for a uti if I am really pregnant. Do you think I could be bc I have had bad back pain, nauseau, dizziness.  I understand that those symptoms can also mean just a uti, but i feel pregnant.  I know that might sound crazy.

CafeMom Tickers
by on May. 2, 2010 at 3:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
jlee38340
by Member on May. 28, 2010 at 2:25 PM

a urine test at 7dpo is unrealiable. I'd wait 3-4 days and test!

gvnsmm
by Member on May. 28, 2010 at 2:29 PM

i agree with the above post. 7dpo is too soon to test. that having been said, it's also probably too early to be having pregnancy symptoms. what did they prescribe you for the uti? it's most like just an antibiotic and most likely safe during preg. just give me the name, i can look it up for you. :)

good luck and yes, i most definitely think you could still be pregnant!

tinag1974
by on May. 29, 2010 at 9:08 AM

It does sound too early for a pregnancy test to pick up any hcg in your system since the egg might not have even implanted yet.  I would wait another week and then take one.  I would just start taking whatever they gave you since you aren't technically pregnant yet.  It is most likely an antibiotic which you can go on when you are pregnant. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)