Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How long was your first cycle after m/c?

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:55 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 274 Total Views

Af started on May 4.  This is my first cycle since my m/c.  I had a D&C on March 29.  Before I was pregnant I had a 28 day cycle.  With one exception I had a 32 day cycle, but I was under a lot of stress.  I got postive opks twice this month.  Once on May 16 and then again on May 22-23 which I also had horrible cramps this time.

I have tested twice and have gotten negatives including this morning.  My temps took a dive yesterday and another notch this morning.  But i don't really feel like she is coming? 

So how long was your first cycle after your m/c.  i feel like something is wrong

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Erin1108
by Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:16 PM

First of all, I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm on my first cycle after my third miscarriage. I can't tell you about this one, but with my first, it was 5 weeks. With the second it was between four and five weeks. I don't remember exactly because it was over the holidays. I know it can take several cycles for your body to regulate itself out. If you ovulated around May 22, then you wouldn't be due for AF for another 2 days (approximately). Also, if that's when you ovulated, you may not be able to get a positive pregnancy test yet. Good luck, and you can PM me if you need anything at all!

ncbirdie
by on Jun. 5, 2010 at 8:55 PM

I miscarried on April 19.  It was 35 days until my next period with ovulation on day 26 (short luteal phase).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)