Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1st pregnancy 1st miscarriage. new

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:39 PM
  • 14 Replies
  • 433 Total Views
Hi everyone. I had a d&c last night. I was supposed to be 9 weeks today. I went in for ultrasound because I had slight spotting. Dr didn't Think it was anything but then we found out the baby's heart stopped beating only a few days after we saw it at 6w4d. So I'd been carrying my angel baby for about 2 weeks. Dr examed me..said I wasn't going to have natural miscarriage any time soon so the d&c would be a better option. Today I'm feeling okay. Slight cramping and a little bleeding. The dr said I will be able to start trying again after I get my first period in about 4-6 weeks. Ill start clomid too

but ill survive. This put closure on it. I needed this. Now I know tmy baby is an angel in heaven w Jesus. It just wasn't the right time or maybe my baby was unhealthy. It will take time to heal but I will be OK.

I Really wouldn't wish this upon my worst enemy. I think a piece of my heart will always be scarred. But it showed me that anything CAn be taken away from me at any time and I will never take anything for granted again.

Its nice to meet you ladies unfortunately under such devastating circumstances. I'm hoping to find support and comfort from women Who have actually experienced this.

My heart breaks for everyone woman who has had a miscarriage and even more for those who have through it more. I'm sorry for your losses.

Dh and I can't wait to start trying again. About how long after miscarriage did you get your period? Any positive stories to share?
Kaytee.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
paulsgirl1297
by Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:47 PM
I had a 2nd trimester delivery last year and was devastated by the loss. I felt so empty and wanted to be preg again as soon as possible. I have to do IUI because of pcos so we got pregnant after 2nd treatment 6mths later
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lally3313
by Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:48 PM

First off I would like to say I'm so sorry for your loss.  My hubby and I got pregnant in January with our first baby.  Heard the heart beat at 10 weeks.  It was perfect.  Went back a week later and there was not a heartbeat.  I had a D&C as well for my body was still carrying the baby.  That ws on March 29.  I got my first period on May 4..it was not like any other period i have had.  I was also told to wait one period before trying again.  Well it's now June 3 and I haven't gotten my period yet..but I got a negative pregnancy test.  So just waiting for my period to come again and try another month. 

I feel for you in so many ways.  It was also my first pregnancy and my first miscarriage.  With no known reason other than bad luck.  Can I ask how come you were give Clomid? 

I wish I had a happy story for you..but it looks like Ill be going into Month #2 of TTC since my m/c.  and i have a breakdown about every other day.  It's the saddest thing ever! 

I'm here if you ever want to vent...because if you are anything like me there will be days when all you want to do is be mad at the world and cry cry cry! I had a day yesterday!!!

kayteebug93
by Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:56 PM
Thanks so much for being there! I was on clomid BC I don't release eggs by myself. I was on clomid for one month and got pregnant. Hoping that is the case again and this time praying for a sticky baby. I will say a prayer for you.. it will happen soon so don't stress
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bfly2000
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 6:26 PM

I am so sorry for your loss.  I had my miscarriage (my third one) three wks ago.  I feel your pain.  It is very very sad, you will always gonna love that baby no matter what, but things can get better. God will give you the strengh, even when somedays you dont want to deal with the world at all, but you will get there and I really hope you get pregnant. butterfly

gvnsmm
by Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:03 PM

i'm so sorry for your loss. i know that right now things are very raw and painful. time will help with that.

my story, while long, is one with a happy ending. i was 20 weeks pregnant when i lost a little boy. it took six months to conceive again. i lost that one at 7 weeks. it took two months to get pregnant after that and i lost that baby at 5 weeks. don't worry, i'm getting to the good part! :) i got pregnant two months after that and delivered our very healthy baby boy who is now almost 1. don't give up mama! there is always hope and it is so, so, so worth it! in fact i appreciate my baby so much more because of what we went through to get him.

another word of encouragement....to have three consecutive miscarriages with no link is very rare. your chances of having another miscarriage are not any higher than they were the first go-round.

think positively, cry whenever you need, find comfort in the message boards. they truly helped me so much when i was in the trenches. keep trying and that baby will come to you!

wenuck
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:53 PM

Hey everybody 1st off sorry for your loss!! I myself had my 1st miscarriage on May 3rd and got my period May 30th!! 1st time ever excited to get it!!! I was dancing around the house and my fiance ask me what my problem was and I said I have no problem I JUST GOT MY PERIOD and that means we can try again!!!!! He laugh at me and said Oh my this is a 1st seeing you happy over that!

When I had this last miscarriage I was devastated but for you all women who went through it with the 1st baby I just couldnt imagine...I have 2 other kids from a previous marriage. I am really sorry for your loss!! I really am!!! This is the place to be the women are right!! The best way to heal is to talk about it with others who been through it. I have no clue how I would be now,I have people who supported me at work but everybody is quiet about it now almost like they will strike a nerve or something Thank You everybody and I'm seeing good things in this group by the end of the year!!!

WENDY
lally3313
by Member on Jun. 4, 2010 at 11:22 AM

I agree with all you ladies...it totally helps to have other people to talk to that have actually been through what we have been though

Wenuck-i  was that same way when I got my first AF after my m/c.  However today I got my second AF not so happy about it..but wasn't really expecting to get pregs the first try again...hopefully this will be our month!!!

Good Luck everyone!

wenuck
by on Jun. 4, 2010 at 6:59 PM

Quoting lally3313:

I agree with all you ladies...it totally helps to have other people to talk to that have actually been through what we have been though

Wenuck-i  was that same way when I got my first AF after my m/c.  However today I got my second AF not so happy about it..but wasn't really expecting to get pregs the first try again...hopefully this will be our month!!!

Good Luck everyone!

Im sorry ugly AF came for ya the 2nd time.....I'm not expecting to get pregnant right away but I'm excited because when I'm to start Ovulating is the weekend My fiance and I are heading to the beach!!!(Next Weekend) So just to be away from work and everybody is what I'm hoping to our success NO STRESS!!!! Lol

WENDY
AmandaBailey
by Member on Jun. 21, 2010 at 7:57 PM

I am so sad for you and your DH. Gosh, your story sounds just like mine. We were 9 weeks along and at our first ultrasound, she told us that our babies heart had stopped beating at  about 8.5 weeks. We were devestated. All I could think about was what I had been doing at that time. I know that God has a place for our babies and will keep a safe watch over them. My d&c was about 2.5 weeks ago-June 10. I hope everything comes soon for you two!

echupko
by New Member on Jun. 21, 2010 at 8:03 PM

I'm very sorry for your loss.

It took us almost a year to concieve our second but then I m/c at 11weeks.  We started trying again after my first cycle and we got pregnant right away.  Our second son was born in March 2009.

Our most recent lost was on May 28.  I delivered our baby girl at just 16w.  I am hurting more than words can explain, not sure when we will ttc again.

Good luck

Mommy to three beautilful children! Parker (06/29/05), Paxton (03/01/09), and Payton who was born with her angel wings (05/28/10).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)