Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

5 weeks after miscarriage and still no period. HELP

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2011 at 11:36 AM
  • 7 Replies
  • 3816 Total Views

I had a miscarriage 5 weeks ago tomorrow, my husband and i have been intimate about 3 times week after miscarriage. I went to doctor 3 weeks ago and she said i should be getting my period soon, 3 weeks later nothing went back to doctor and she said its normal. I have taken 2 at home pregnancy test and both have came back negative :( My question is if i was pregnant i would only e 3 to 4 weeks pregnant, would a home pregnancy test show that early. I have been cramping and each time i have i have thought here comes my period, but still nothing. or am i just to anxious to be pregnant.

ps; when i had my miscarriage i was 17 weeks pregnant they told me that it was a girl. when i went back his week i was told that it wasnt a girl it would have been my first son, makes it hurt all over again.

Stacy

by on Feb. 2, 2011 at 11:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Wildflower1976
by Member on Feb. 2, 2011 at 11:09 PM

I don't think drs really worry about a period until after 8 wks. Its normal for it to take up to 6 wks...mine did. Good luck.

Marlet1179
by New Member on Feb. 3, 2011 at 1:02 AM

Yeah.I agree with Wildflower1976. In my case I had D&C aug14th then had blood,some days are heavy some are light up to such point that I  only had blood stains on my wipes. It was only beg sept2nd when blood stains stopped. And Sept22nd had my regular period. And had it regularly after then. Don't worry Stacy, a little waiting and you'll have your baby.

I understand how you feel, that you want a baby immediately. But it is important that your body heals first and be ready for another implantation. So by that time,you'll have a very heatlyh pregnancy.

I'm sprinkling bunch of baby dusts on you!

Hel5030
by on Feb. 3, 2011 at 2:43 AM
I had a natural miscarriage at 7w and it took me 8 weeks to get my AF back :( hope she comes for you soon!

*hugs*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sjulia09122009
by Member on Feb. 4, 2011 at 11:23 AM

I agree with wildflower, sometimes, it take 2 months to get your period back. For me, I was bleeding from the miscarriage for 8 weeks and then 8 weeks later, it went back to normal.

tinag1974
by Member on Feb. 5, 2011 at 9:48 AM

I agree with everyone that it can take a long time for your cycle to come back after a miscarriage, especially when you are as far along as you were. 

How long did your doctor tell you to wait to start trying??  Most doctors say to wait no less than one full cycle to start trying, some 3-6 months.  I know that you want to start trying as soon as possible (I was the same way after all of my miscarriages) but it is important to make sure that your body is healed or you could have another miscarriage.  Your body needs time for your hcg levels to go down to 0, uterus needs to clean out, etc.  Also, if you don't wait until you get your first period, it makes it very difficult for your doctor to know how far along you are. 

Has your doctor been checking your hcg levels to make sure they have gone down to 0??  Sometimes it can take quite some time for that last big of hcg to make its way out of your system.  Until that levels is at 0, you won't get your period. 

cassiemomof4
by New Member on Feb. 7, 2011 at 8:53 PM

my midwife said it could take up to 8 weeks to get a period.

sweetangel3340
by New Member on Feb. 23, 2011 at 3:43 PM

i wouldn't be worried yet. i had a miscarriage Jan 2 and i bled for 3 weeks still spotting then had to go back to the hospital for complications i apparently had tissue stuck and i bled for a few more weeks... in total i bled for about 6 almost 7 weeks and i just started my period a few days ago so its a good thing because my body did everything all on its own. my dr told me to wait till i had a cycle before trying again so we plan on starting on trying again within the next few days. its dicouraging going through the whole exprience. my dr kept checking my HCG levels and the last time i got them check about 2 or 3 weeks ago it was at 24 so im sure their down to 0 now they were at 72,000 at the time of my miscarriage. .... Sending baby dust your way

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)