Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

poll: How fast did you get your bfp after m/c?

Posted by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 8:22 PM
  • 15 Replies
  • 730 Total Views

Poll

Question: how soon after your m/c did you get a bfp?

Options:

3 weeks

4 weeks

5 weeks

6 weeks

other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 15

View Results

Hi ladies. My name is Erica and my husband and I lost baby#2 3 weeks ago. I was 9 week along and it was such devastating loss for us. I still cry on a daily basis so I've join a couple support groups to help me deal with my loss. I  keep reading post about how fertile women are after a  m/c and even becoming pregnant within weeks of their loss. I was just curious to see if anyone else has experience with becoming pregnant shortly after their m/c?

by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 8:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Meg2011425
by Member on Sep. 3, 2012 at 3:08 PM
I didn't try right away. I waited a few cycles to try. I'm still currently waiting. I had a miscarriage July 9.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pifflesmomma
by on Sep. 3, 2012 at 5:16 PM

Thank you for responding and I'm so sorry about your loss. When did you get your first period after you mc? Did you mc natural or have a d&c? Sorry about all questions,I'm just so comfused with whats going on with my body these days.

Quoting Meg2011425:

I didn't try right away. I waited a few cycles to try. I'm still currently waiting. I had a miscarriage July 9.

firsttimemom119
by New Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 2:58 PM

I had d and c on Chinese New Year's Eve which was heartbreaking, then took a break for 6 months before trying again. So far have tried for 3 cycles (June, July and August) but no luck. I recently went to see a gynaecologist in Guangzhou of China with my husband and was told that my fallopian tubes were clear (a test was done on the spot.) but that the endometriosis is still there on my right ovary, though it is at the same size (4.5 cm x 3.5cm). The one on the left had completely disappeared. A blood test was taken 2 weeks ago to check my female hormone levels. It was revealed that my LH (lutenizing hormone) though within normal limits, is still a bit low. The gynae. in Guangzhou has requested that I go back to her end of next week, so that she can put me on birth control pill for 2 months starting the cycle of this month, and induce ovulation after 2 months. 

looking4mychild
by Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 6:52 AM
I had a mc two days before mother's day of this year. My OB cleared us to start trying again right away, so we did. Im still waiting for another BFP...
Swiseman
by Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:42 PM

we were heading for our 3rd cycle when it didn't show up. dr okayed us at our 2 weeks appointment after miscarriage and dnc to start trying again.

Zealand2008
by Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 4:22 PM

My doctor wants us to wait 2 months before trying again.

miasmommy21407
by Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 9:19 PM
4 moms liked this

10 weeks. I didn't have a period between. We "caught" the first egg after my miscarriage when I ovulated 8 weeks post miscarriage. She just turned 1 at the beginning of November. :)

kayteebug93
by Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:24 AM
The last time I had a mc it was June 2010 I didn't get my period back until end of july... and we started trying right away. I found out I was pregnant on Christmas... and my son was born in September :) good luck hun!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kayteebug93
by Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:28 AM
(Just to add.. I just had another mc and had a d&c yesterday. I'm assuming my period will be back around January or so... then we'll probably wait a little to try again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pifflesmomma
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 2:51 PM

I'm so sorry mama! *hugs*

Quoting kayteebug93:

(Just to add.. I just had another mc and had a d&c yesterday. I'm assuming my period will be back around January or so... then we'll probably wait a little to try again.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)