Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ectopic Pregnancy and ttc again

Posted by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 2:44 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 205 Total Views

Hey fellow mom's, 

About three weeks about I was 7 weeks pregnant and I was so over joyed to be pregnant with our third child. Tragicly it was an ectopic pregnancy and they didn't catch it in time where my fallopian tube ruptured and it had to be removed :'( (including my angel). My husband told me we could try again and i'm willing to do that? but I have no clue how my body works anymore. I looked up and it said because i only have one fallopian tube i have 50% chance to get pregnant again. Has anyone experienced this horrible loss as i have and were able to concieve and have a healthy baby. I'm worried about it happening again though. When does your body go back to normal and when can you try to start to concieve again? T.I.A for your advice 

by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 2:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
brandie1470
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:38 AM

I hope you get some answers. The same thing happened to me in August. I also have pcos which makes it even smaller chance of concieving.

My dr told me not to try again for 3 mos. He said so your bdy can regulate cycles again. But I have talked to people here who concieved earlier. I dont belive there is any real risk, however I am not a dr.

I am so sorry for your loss. Goodluck

coelmommy824
by New Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:19 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss.  I did recently suffer a miscarriage but it was not ectopic.  However, I have a friend who had an ectopic and even had her tube rupture.  It was a very dire situation.  She has since, had two more children, and they were uneventful pregnancies.  It is very hard to read online, as you will find so much conflicting information.  I would say, try as soon as you feel ready, but am not sure what sort of healing process there is with ectopic.  I pray you have a successful pregnancy

hugs

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)