• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC after D&C (TMI)

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:56 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 609 Total Views

I had my D&C almost 3 weeks ago now and bleed for almost exactly 2 weeks. On Monday I had my check up and everything was perfect, pregnancy test was negative, bleeding had stopped, and my body was pretty much back to normal. We're waiting for AF before trying for another but we aren't really preventing anything currently if it does happen.

Late last night and then again this morning, I had spotting! It was dark, and only when I wiped. I know this isn't AF but it's been 5 days of no bleeding at all and now this. Does anyone know why this could have happened or if it might be AF trying to come back? I even thought maybe it was implatation bleeding (I've never had it before so I had to google it) but the timing is WAY off for that.  Any ideas?  Or is my body not nearly as bad to normal as I had hoped....

by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
junkj27
by Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 5:15 PM
1 mom liked this

I had a miscarriage in January. It was a natural loss and no D&C required but I had the same problem. I bled form the miscarriage for about 5 days and then had just a borwnish kind of spotting for about 1-2 weeks after that, mainly just with wiping. Then it stopped for about a week and I got AF. AF lasted for about 6-7 days and now I have had another 2 weeks of brown spotting again. I have a feeling that its hormones just trying to get back on track so I'm waiting another month before TTC again. Its frustrating, I hear ya!

Anliena
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 6:20 PM

Thank you for the response.  I thought no one was going to answer.

lfcmommy
by Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:00 PM

My baby died at 8 weeks.  we did not find out untill 12 weeks, i waited and naturally passed the fetus at 13 weeks (march 9th).  My bleeding stopped a week later and my hcg was back to normal then as well.  I was told you can ovulate as soon as two weeks after miscarriage like a normal cycle.  I am under the impression they may have been my case.  My body seemed to naturally re align it's self with my previous cycles.  I was spot free for 3 weeks.  and have been counting my cycle as the day i passed the baby as the first day of my new cycle.  I had some ovary pains the 25 of march.  And then on wed ( april 3) i had a really odd sort of twinge/pinching/sharp pain in my uterus.  It happened a few times and then went away.  I have been a bit sore since then.  I thnk that could have been impantation.  I started spotting again then too...way weird.tested today april 5, bfn.  I wanna know how yours worked itself out.  Was it just your body adjusting?

Anliena
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 9:55 PM
Yes, it was jusy still adjusting. I bleed for 2 weeks after my d&c and theb spotted very lightly for the next week and a half (not the entire time, just one day and then a break and then another day). 6 weeks after my d&c af just arrived. I'm counting thus as my first real cycle after the m/c.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
peachyisthelife
by Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:47 PM

It's obviously been a while since this all happened for you, but my bleeding was wacky, too.  I bled for a week, last few days just very light spotting.  Then about 4 days later I suddenly got this HUGE amount of dark brown blood.  It was freaky.  Then I proceeded to bleed for another week or so.  I got my first af about 5 weeks after my D&E.  Good luck ttc honey :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)