Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Very sad

Posted by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 3:33 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 174 Total Views
On Monday the 21st I went for my first ultrasound at 11 weeks and found out I had miscarried. I went Wednesday for the d&c and I am so upset. We weren't planning this baby but at almost three months we had gotten excited. We have decided to try again when it's time but I am very nervous. The worst part is everyone at work is pregnant, we were all due around the same time. Plus my friend and my cousin are pregnant. I wanna cry every time my fb shows an ultrasound or hear everyone at work talking about their pregnancy. I feel bad cause I wasn't sure how I felt about being pregnant at first even though I know that isn't the problem. Hopefully it gets easier soon
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 3:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Childless2012
by Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 7:15 AM
It will get easier with time. My cousin was pregnant and due at the same time as I was. I lost my son in April 2013 and she gave birth in July 2013. I was sad, angry, resentful but soon found out I was pregnant again, which helped me heal and be happy for her.

These are all normal feelings after you've had a loss. Allow yourself to go through the emotions and know it will pass at some point. You will learn to be happy for others after you've had a successful pregnancy.

I am sorry for your loss. I had two miscarriages myself and it was pure hell but I finally had my baby in march.
Sixandus
by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 7:24 AM
Thank you. I am sure it will get easier just hate feeling so sad.

Quoting Childless2012: It will get easier with time. My cousin was pregnant and due at the same time as I was. I lost my son in April 2013 and she gave birth in July 2013. I was sad, angry, resentful but soon found out I was pregnant again, which helped me heal and be happy for her.

These are all normal feelings after you've had a loss. Allow yourself to go through the emotions and know it will pass at some point. You will learn to be happy for others after you've had a successful pregnancy.

I am sorry for your loss. I had two miscarriages myself and it was pure hell but I finally had my baby in march.
Childless2012
by Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 7:30 AM
I never liked the feelings or thoughts that ran through my head. It was scary and I felt like a horrible person for being angry at everyone that was pregnant or having babies. I am not a mean envious person but unfortunately it is normal and will eventually pass.

Let yourself feel this way for a little while. It is a part of the grieving process but if you find it doesn't get better within time, talk to your doctor. After a miscarriage, you can become depressed and want to give up. It is really difficult to see any positives and you either dont want to try again or you are consumed with getting pregnant to ease the pain. Give yourself time to heal emotionally. My third pregnancy was a roller coaster ride for me. I didn't care much in the beginning because I thought for sure I was going to miscarry again.

Unfortunately miscarriages are more common than I thought they were.

Quoting Sixandus: Thank you. I am sure it will get easier just hate feeling so sad.

Quoting Childless2012: It will get easier with time. My cousin was pregnant and due at the same time as I was. I lost my son in April 2013 and she gave birth in July 2013. I was sad, angry, resentful but soon found out I was pregnant again, which helped me heal and be happy for her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)