Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

totally scared....but totally excited!

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 2:31 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 231 Total Views

I took a pregnancy test Saturday and it said that I was pregnant!!! I haven't gone to the dr yet to confirm though.  I'm scared though because I had a miscarriage last year in October.  I don't want to go through that again.  What are the chances of having another one? My pregnancy with my daughter was pretty easy so I'm hoping that this one won't turn out like the last one.

baby

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 2:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
lasombrs
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 2:45 PM

Go some place that will do a blood test not just urine. I got my positive on Sunday and my dr said my urine test was negitive this morning. Totally heartbreaking, now I have to wait for a different place to confirm a blood test. I have had 2 m/c and no children. But it does not always mean you will have another. Good luck, you will be in my thoughts.

Sara (24) Scott(35) *Angels~ Mc 10/31/07 9 weeks, MC 09/05/08 7 weeks TTC baby #1 :(

mandy716
by New Member on Dec. 15, 2008 at 2:55 PM

I do not know any statistics or anything, but my doc said that for woman that have a successful pregnancy, then a miscarriage, then another pregnancy, almost always the thid one is fine.  This is what happened to me. 

When I got pregnant the second time I took it for granted that things could go wrong, because my preg with my daughter was amazing (aside from sickness).  Then after miscarrying we tried again right away.  I got pregnant 2 weeks after the bleeding stopped from the miscarriage.  I amnow 32 weeks pregnant and everything is going great. 

zachysmom02
by New Member on Dec. 18, 2008 at 11:49 AM

I am going through the same thing. I took a preg. test yesterday, and this morning, and it confirmed I was preg. From knowing all of my preg history, I should be 4.4 weeks today. I have a 6yr old boy from a previous marriage. I also had 2 miscarriages with my son's father. The first one was a blighted ovum, and the second one was "too soon after having my son", so they said. Now I am remarried and have been trying for over 2 years. I finally got those 2 pink lines back in March 2008. I sadly miscarried at 5 weeks. I now have a new OBGYN. They did a little more testing with me, after my last miscarriage. I ended up having a D&C Hysteroscopy done. They found polyp and fibroid tissues built up at the top of my uterus. I just had my surgery done at the end of Oct 08...and here it is Dec 08, and I just got my pos test! My husband is so excited, and I dont want to let him down again. I'm worried, scared, and a whole bunch of other feelings. I am having more nauseousness(?) this time around, my boobs hurt like hell, and some mild cramps that come and go. So I'm just hoping for the best on this one. Wont go to dr. until i get past my 5th week. Best of luck to you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)