Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Your plans

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 11:17 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • 320 Total Views

So what do you plan on doing with your degree? How far do you plan on going? How far along are you now?

I plan to teach college. Right now I am working on my undergraduate. I plan on getting my masters in psychology and probably a PhD too.

FotoFlexer_Photo-1.gif picture by orangeprincess21

by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 11:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
by Group Admin on Sep. 7, 2009 at 12:37 PM

I plan on getting my Masters in marriage and family therapy then eventually working up to Doctorate so i can open my own Christian counseling center.

by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 12:57 PM

I am hoping that I can get a job in a related field such as social work when I am done with my BS and then start on my masters. I can practice with a masters in GA but I want to continue on to get my PHD. I plan on working with sexually molested and abused people... mostly children.

Mom to Connor, Trevor and Dana! Wife to Mathew!

Check out my website for personalized gifts, purses, bookbags, bathwraps and more!
or e-mail me at for more info!

by on Sep. 8, 2009 at 10:13 AM

I plan on getting at least a Masters. I want to work for a non-profit organization. I also want to get my PhD and become a therapist for young girls with eating disorders and mental illness but I don't know if I have the fortitude to get my PhD.

Ellen Martinez-Work At Home Mom

by on Oct. 23, 2009 at 10:50 PM

I completed my Bachelors Degree in Psychology and my Masters Degree in Mental Health Counseling and am currently waiting to take the state licensing exam to be a Licensed Mental Health Counselor in the state of Florida.  I have worked at various organizations so far including non-profit, community mental health, private, and am trying to start my own private practice or enter a partnership with other providers.  I have never been interested in pursuing my Doctorate as I'm not interested in prescribing medications; I simply want to provide therapy, but you never know; I might change my mind once my children are a little older.  I am very content with having my Masters/License and cannot imagine any reason why I would want to go further with my education.  I can accomplish everything that I want to do as a Mental Health Therapist...

I have worked with adults and children in outpatient, inpatient (crisis), and residential settings.  I worked in an outpatient psychiatric clinic, homeless shelter for mentally ill adults, crisis center for adults, crisis center for children, group home for girls, and a group home for boys.  So far, I enjoy working with children and adolescents the most; although I also love working with adults with severe mental illness.   It can be very challenging, but it is never boring!  lol  I am planning on catering my private practice to children, adults, and families with multiple mental health and behavioral issues, but I tend to specialize in ADHD, Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Bipolar Disorder, and self-injurious behaviors.

Angela McClure, MS
Registered Mental Health Counselor Intern

by on Nov. 3, 2009 at 2:06 AM

I am currently working towards a double degree in Neuroscience and Psychology.  I am more interested in the neuroscience side of psychology. I plan on going to Graduate School and earning my Ph.D. in Developmental Neurotoxicology and one day I would like to become a college professor and do research on how environmental factors affect the developing brain.

My degree in Psychology is kind of my backup plan. If for some reason I can't get into a Neuroscience or Toxicology grad program I will try to get into a Biopsychology grad program and still try to do research with the brain =)

I am an educated, breastfeeding (it IS best, there is nothing even close to that nutrition and bond), co-sleeping, extended rear facing (if you don't rear face to the maximum of your seat, you're NOT doing all you can to protect your child), baby wearing, Non spanking (I want my kids to respect me, not fear me) ANTI- CIO, cloth diapering, organic (chemical free household!) recycling, liberal, pro-choice, atheist mama to a beautiful two year old girl! My S.O. is my equal and my best friend, not my master and I believe basic health care should be a human RIGHT not a privilege!

by on Dec. 28, 2009 at 4:58 PM

I will have my Bachelor's degree in Psychology within the next year or so and then I plan on going for my Masters and PhD. I am using Art Therapy as my foundation and I plan on helping abused children and people with special needs. That's my dream anyways!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)