Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ugh, sick

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 9:34 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 240 Total Views

I had my first prenatal appt. yesterday and my due date is may 17th.  Got to see the little one during my u/s.  So cute.

I didnt feel well all day and called into work that evening and was told by my boss to get checked for H1N1 b/c someone I worked with tested positive for it.  So I went to the ER last night and sure enough that's what I have, the H1N1 flu.  They gave me tamiflu and said it was ok to take during pregnancy.  Well, tonight I looked it up and it says not recommened for pregnant or nursing women.  Yikes!!  I've taken 3 of them, but won't take anymore until I talk with my OB tomorrow.

Has anyone taken tamiflu while pregnant or know anything about it?

Thanks.

by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 9:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Amy9835
by Member on Oct. 29, 2009 at 10:16 PM

My DH asked my OB what we would do if i got sick since I dont want the shot.. she said she would put me on that. so it must be ok. hope that helps.

CafeMom Tickers

michiganmom05
by on Oct. 30, 2009 at 1:47 PM

Thanks! It really freaked me out when I read that.

TessaMommy
by on Oct. 30, 2009 at 2:54 PM

Tamiflu is a dangerous drug, I wouldn't take it, pregnant or not.  And it will only shorten symptoms by up to one day.  People have been reported as getting violently ill, dizziness, hallucinations, severe anxiety and depression, even suicidal thoughts.  Please be careful!

Pregnancy ticker

alaskaarmywife
by Member on Oct. 30, 2009 at 3:10 PM

I have a friend whos almost 3 months and she just took it bc her daughter had h1n1 and thats what the ob said to do. But follow ur gut.

Lilypie

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)