Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What does that go towards? I send my kids to their dad every other weekend. I pack diapers, wipes, baby food, etc. Is that necessary? Am I supposed to provide that stuff for when they are with him since he pays child support?

by on Mar. 11, 2011 at 2:46 PM
Replies (11-12):
DDDaysh
by Member on Sep. 9, 2011 at 4:45 PM

P.S.  In many states, espcially those that include both parents income into the CS calculation, parents actually get a credit on CS for the number of overnights they have the child, so CS may already have been lowered to allow him to buy his own stuff. 

amber8804
by New Member on Oct. 1, 2011 at 7:40 PM

i would send him a diaper bag if you feel needed to last him a few hours just in case he has to leave buti would cut back on everything they need. he pays support that does not mean that if the kids need anything over that, that its your deal if the kids are over there he should be able to find clothes and diapers just in case you miss something. there is no use in stressing yourself making sure you have everthing when he is doing no stressing at all. and plus if you keep doing it he could become lazy and not have anything they need and just expect you to give it. maybe pack what you would pack what you would normally pack for a day or errans let him deal with the rest

and it could also depend on how often they go over there. i pack clothes for my 7yo when he goes with his dads because he dont go to often but i dont send anything but clothes and maybe something in case he gets bored.

good luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN