Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you ever get lonely?

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2011 at 10:49 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 446 Total Views

I'm a single mom of 3 children 2 Ds ages 4 & 10 and a DD age 5 mos. I have been single since i was 2 mos preg with my dd and of course no help from the fathers even emotional support! But its great with just my babies and i but sometimes i crave the feeling of being held. Will it ever go away? I work 7 days a week from 6:30 am  to anywhere between 5-7 pm.  by the time i get home from getting the kids from daycare its pretty much dinner,baths and bed. I have no time to even meet someone. my kids are with me when ever i'm not working. and we are building our home right now "almost finished" :) thank goodness! So when ever we are home we are working as well. Busy,Busy,Busy and I do not have someone to baby sit or watch my kids for me to have any ME time. Being a single mom is GREAT most days but sometimes it can get VERY lonely!! anyone going through this?

I'm a young, single, vaxing,pro-choice, spanking when needed, put off today what can be done tomorrow,co-sleeping,don't care what others think,bottle feeding,disposable diaper using, family comes first, make a fool of myself to make my kids laugh, country music lovin', coffee addicted MOM of 2 WONDERFUL BOYS 

Attitude Comments and Graphics for MySpace, Tagged, Facebook 

by on Aug. 7, 2011 at 10:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
strongerwtime
by Member on Aug. 11, 2011 at 11:39 AM

Yes Ma'am..I am a single mom of two.... Those desires to be held are normal and for me they come and go..some days I feel very vulnerable and some days I feel ok just like you said.   Its almost liek you have to have a plan when you feel most lonely... My best bet is to do whatever I can to get kids in bed by 9 and then the rest of that time is for me (until I get tired)...I am a reader, so I keep books around to appeal to my every mood...however Im feeling at that moment...parenting alone is tough!

Wow, you work 7 days a week.....and I know this is because the fathers are not helping you....grrr...this frustrates me so much. 

Speaking of sitters...I feel you...I am actually looking into find sitters in my area that can help me out.  Maybe this would help you some also. There are so many good people out there who are available to help out, for a good rate.  Im looking into it for me and my kids.

PiecesofFaith
by New Member on Dec. 25, 2011 at 11:12 PM

I am a soon-to-be divorced mama of 2, so I know what you're going through.  I almost think it's worse bc I'm not working atm (health issues) and am never out of the house for any real length of time.  If I were you, I'd at least take the guys to CSE for child support so you can have financial support.  Men who don't do anything to help take care of their kids really piss me off.  I don't understand it.  Anyway, I am a reader also so I have books around and movies.  On those lonely nights, I just watch a movie and hope the feeling passes quickly.  I hope things get better for you!

My sweet Allison Faye!!!
baby

My handsome Steven Blake!
baby
kat8156231119
by New Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 10:23 PM

I am right here with you!!! I have actually been really lonely lately. More so then usual. Im a single mom of 3 girls, ages 9, 6, and 4. Its hard work and I dont get any me time either. Hang in there. I wouldnt be able to go as I do if I didnt believe there was light at the end of this tunnel. 

PaigePerfect
by New Member on Jul. 11, 2012 at 5:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Yea...but we are human so I think thats pretty much normal/expected. I have been praying for a mate, so I am waiting for the Lord to send someone. I will not go out and find my own mate ever again!!LOL

ilovemydarlins
by New Member on May. 17, 2013 at 12:11 PM

I've been with my husband the full 3 years of our babies life, if he wasn't around my mom would watch her. Now we've went our separate ways and my mom passed away so I know how you're feeling now. One day you'll meet someone though. It's awesome you're working so hard for your kids and they'll appreciate it so much when they get older. I never realized how hard it was being a single mom, I always knew I had someone to help me or my husband would come back and now I'm doing things on my own with my daughter and am pregnant. It's crazy...kudos to all of you.

Ginais2cute
by New Member on May. 18, 2013 at 10:48 AM

Yes, sometimes.

blessed_star07
by New Member on May. 18, 2013 at 11:16 AM

Oh yes, all the time. Do not get me wrong, I do enjoy the wonderful company of my 3 year old and my family. In the morning when I drop my baby off to head start and return home to an empty home, the lonelies do kick in big time. Sometimes I cry, I feel sad everyday. I work part-time and during my days off, it with my daughter. I love being a single mommy because it is just me and little sunshine in our own happy low-key world. Me and my daughter on weekends would go to the park, or get invited to birthday parties from her classmates in her head start class, or just go out for a walk. We have a lot in common and I hope to hear from you. God bless and stay strong. We will be just fine.

ilovemydarlins
by New Member on Jun. 7, 2013 at 12:29 AM

Yup. I'm kind of newly single and I'm definitely not used to. It has its perks, no drama and everything. But yeah I get so so lonely. It's mostly at night when I have no one to sleep with in this huge bed...and all I have to talk to is my daughter or my grandpa or sister. But there's always us girls on here, right?

LuckyMom4eva
by New Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 9:24 PM
I am a single mom I have one child a 4 yr old little girl. I take care of her and I am raising her on my own it gets lonely I don't hardly have a baby sitter for her so its hard for me to date a lot. Her dad isn't in the picture even though he lives 2 hours away ! From us I don't. Keep her from her father he chooses not to spend time with my daughter because he believes that paying cs is enough for being a parent
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)