Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice would be nice....Am I in the wrong???

Posted by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 8:22 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 309 Total Views

Poll

Question: Should I be/feel obligated to meet him half way?

Options:

yes

no

it will be court ordered anyway

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 4

View Results

I am sort of in a dilema here....My ex and I have 2 children together. I moved in with him when we got together, 2 hours away from my home and in with him. Well, to make a long story short, it just didnt work out. So I moved back to MD, 2 hours away from him back to my home town and near my family. Well, we have not been together in 3 years. Ive been living 2 hours away from him for the whole 3 years. We do not get along and I have made every attempt to include him in the girls lives, but he only concerns himself with the 2 to 4 days he has them out of a month.

My question is this, Should I have to meet him halfway? I have been doing it for a short period of time, but then I came to my senses and told him I will no longer be meeting him. He is taking me up to get child support lowered, so I figure if he wants to do that, he can come the entire way to get his children. There is much more to the story, and I promise, I am not doing it out of spite. I just feel that it is his obligation to pick up and return his children on his visits.

Has anyone been in a similar situation? If so, how did things work for you?

by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 8:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
kat8156231119
by New Member on Jul. 9, 2012 at 8:31 PM

BUMP!

kat8156231119
by New Member on Jul. 9, 2012 at 9:30 PM

I really thought this would be the group to post this in. Anyone here ever gone through something similar? Or were court ordered to meet the ex half way?

SDarvasi
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 1:54 AM

I think you are in the right and I also think that if he brings it to the Judge, you can back up your change of arrangements with his lack of interest in the girls lives, also exemplified by his child support lowering.

Ginais2cute
by New Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 8:47 AM

He is a grown man. Let him do what it takes on his own. Don't help him out.

lcm3181
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:07 PM
I was always under the impression that if you move away from where you had your "home" then you would have to be accommodating. My ex husband and I live about an hour away from each other...neither one of us live where we did when we were married. He picks them up on his weekend and I pick them up when that weekend is over. He drives the whole way here and back on Wed evenings
DDDaysh
by Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 5:20 PM

In my opinion, since you moved the girls away from him (for whatever reason), you should drive at least half way. 

LordOfTheMoms
by New Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 1:42 AM
I just had my iPhone read me your story. It was in a robotic voice. Definitely a new perspective. I felt your dilema
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN