Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's your story?

Posted by   + Show Post
This is a group for single mothers, and I was wondering if you guys wouldn't mind sharing your stories on how you became a single mother?
by on Jun. 26, 2007 at 11:04 PM
Replies (151-152):
freckledmermaid
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 12:47 PM

In short, 2 marriages, both I had children with, both failed. One engagement, also failed but produced a pregnancy and here I am, single with children and another on the way. It hurts to be alone in this as the Father would like me to terminate the pregnancy but I'm up to the challenge and still believe there is one person out there that will be my perfect someone.

Heath77
by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 9:18 PM

I am 35 years old. I was married for just a little over 10 years. My marriage to my ex became rocky almost as soon as we married. I gave it one more shot in the summer of 2006 to make it work and I got pregnant from just one episode of sex. I was on birth control for years too. It was so unexpected so we stayed together. I almost filed for divorce that September because my ex and  I were thinking of separating all summer and that was my last attempt to see if it would work since  i had no desire to have sex with him in a long time and that was one of the main issues in our marriage. I decided to stay married out of fear of being a single mom even though I had a lot of support, had a great job as a teacher and had great insurance. Since I thought we were going to separate I had the new apartment lease in my name. Our lease was going to be up so I got my own apartment before I found out i was pregnant and he moved in with me. Things only got worse after my son was born. I went on maternity leave in April and decided not to go back to teaching for two years to stay home with my son.I wish i had gone back to my job though in the fall and left my ex then, but I was scared of being a single mom since I had no experience with babies. I stayed and my ex was getting stressed with money and snapped one day. He had started getting verbally abusive before and then snapped out of nowhere one morning. He left and we were separated almost two years before our divorce was finalized in December. My son lives with me in our house that we bought after my son was born and he moved to an apartment and we get along ok for the most part now. He gets my son every other weekend and has never been mean to him and we have our arguments from time to time, but we get along well for the most part and he is still close to my parents some. They have forgiven him. He did not want the divorce, but i could never trust him again and we had other issues.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)