Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When "Daddy" visits!

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 12:03 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 222 Total Views

My dd dad lives out of state.  He chose to move back home when we broke up because the breakup was hard for him.  (Whatever)

He just came to visit her after not seeing her for a year.  She had a good time.  But he fills her head with false hope that we will get back together.  Then she is angry with me because mommy and daddy can't be together.  Instead of trying to at least be friendly with me he tries to get back together with me.  He should be extatic to be spending time with his daughter.

Why are men so stupid.  I'm not trying to bash, but they are. 

Now my poor dd is acting up.  She cries for everything.  When I scold her for misbehaiving she screams for her daddy.  She never did that before. 

Thank you ladies for listening.  Any advice is appreciated.

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 12:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
MiasMommy21
by Member on Jan. 7, 2009 at 5:40 PM

When i got pregnant I got the "i dont want to marry you" speech.. He was there for Mia's birth but that's been about it. For months I asked him to just give fatherhood a try, give the family life a try that her would eventuallly see that he wasnt going to lose his life! He said no.

Mia was 6 months old when i got my dream job except it was in another city 2 1/2 hours away. We moved in July he didnt visit til October....I constantly struggle with the thought of her choosing to live with him so I figured the best thing to do was to develope some civility with him. He came for her first Xmas this year....it was hell, bc he want to pretend like its no big deal. Mia enjoys  him but doesnt miss  him yet. Unfortunately because he acts like a you-know-what when he's here, i usually end up crying or upset and Mia freaks out.

I totally get where you are coming from....we are never going to be the ones they cry for because we have to be the disciplinarians....and I dont know about yours but I know John takes advantage.....

WHY CANT THEY JUST LEAVE US ALONE!?!?!?!

Sorry I had to get that out....I wish i could offer advice but obviously im just starting it myself....Im here when you need to vent....look me up! Sometimes getting it out is therapy enough....lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)