Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New, Have Some ???s

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 3:44 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 181 Total Views

Hi Ladies! I am new to the group, and have a few questions. I recently split up with my husband, and moved in (temporarily) with my parents, in Decatur, TX. First of all, if anyone knows of any open nanny jobs, I have several years of experience in that. Secondly, I don't want to live with my parents for very long, so how would I go about getting financial assistance? WIC, low-income apartment, ect. I don't even know where to start! Any info would be helpful. Thanks!

by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 3:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
MiasMommy21
by Member on Mar. 11, 2009 at 3:30 PM

well, you'd need to start with the dept of health and human services. you can apply for medicaid and food stamps through them. Depending on the size of your family you can get 2-3 hundred for groceries and free health care. WIC has its own offices outside and you can google search them for the local locations. If you have medicaid you automatically qualify for WIC.

I had those services and they came in really handy when i didnt have a job...it really helped to get me back on my feet.

As for the housing I dont know, I never found out how to do that but the other stuff can help you get started.....hope everything turns out for you!

bethelann2004
by on Mar. 12, 2009 at 1:00 AM

Unfortunately, my husband is being a big jerk! I left when he was at work, and forgot our social security cards, and birth certificates, and he refuses to send them to me! I left Illinois, and came to Texas. So without those, I can't get anything, not even a job!!!

But, I applied for new ones, and am waiting for them to come in. Then I will definitely apply for everything out there-subsidized apartment, WIC, food stamps, welfare, everything!!

It's just so hard to sit and wait!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)