Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He saved her life

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:03 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 238 Total Views

OK, just wanted to update, and let everyone know about my crazy life right now. LOL.

A few days ago, just after supper, DH and I heard screaming outside. We thought it was the neighbors kids yelling. Well it didn't stop...Dh went outside, I thought I heard him yell, but the kids were just outta the tub, I grabbed their undies and put the kids on the couch thinking I'd run out for a sec to see what was up.

I get outside, there are neighbors everywhere. All I saw was hubs swinging a big stick! He yelled and told me to call 911. I had to run back and get my ph, so I'm asking WTF is going on. A neighbors said another neighbor was attacked by a Pit Bull! DH had to beat the dog off of her! She was takin by ambulance and put in ICU. She ended up with 28 puncture wounds, a dislocated shoulder, bruising, and blood clots around her lung. Her little miniature pincher(sp?) had to be taken to the emergency vet also. It took them tranquilizing the Pit 3 times b4 they could get it in the truck.

The next day the news station was here to interview DH. The neighborhood is in an uproar because they are saying the guy can get his vicious dog back! We are fighting it with all we have. We have contacted the city attorney, ASPCA, the humane society, and anyone else we knew to contact. So there is the short version...I will update when we hear something more. Oh DH got subpoenaed to court march 7th.

by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Rosesandlilys
by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 8:53 PM

OMG OMG OMG thats insanity!!! Your dh rocks by the way.

bree79001
by Member on Feb. 21, 2011 at 10:55 PM

oh my ...that is horriblle. I know I wil probably be hated on for sayign this btI think those dogs are so dangerous. yes a lot times it is how they are raised but there are all types o dogs that bite. But becuase a pit is so strong and they have excelent focus skills they dont let up if they were to bite as where other dogs usualy do- it is a dangerous and leathal combnation. I'm so sorry abot your neighbor and hope she is ok..thank god it wasn't your childen. I hoep the dog is ok too. Thats a horrible thing to go through dog and people. :-( way to go hubby and you for saving her life. :-)

Snoop420
by on Feb. 22, 2011 at 7:19 PM
Omg!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hippiemama28
by on Feb. 22, 2011 at 8:39 PM

Daaaaaaaaaaang! Thank goodness your husband is the hero for saving the pit's victim though.

jayken
by Group owner on Feb. 23, 2011 at 12:28 PM

Thanks guys, it was really crazy. I wonder if I can link the news report...I'll have to try later. So the little dog is out of the hospital now. He had 5 serious puncture wounds to his chest, stomach, and neck, internal bleeding, blood in his urine, from I guess the blood clot in his kidney, and severe trauma. They said he was in shock when I got him there.

My husband is an awesome guy if I do say so myself! LOL. He of course says he didn't do anything anyone else wouldn't have done...I call bull shit, because I watched the neighbors stand around, as he CHASED that dog down the street while they stood there! He would have killed the dog if he could've gotten to it.

My neighbor is OK. I think the emotional damage is going to be the worse. She wont even take her smallest female dogs out to the pen, nor will she walk down the street yet.

Hubby got subpoenaed to court, march 7th. What's strange to me is the lady who was attacked was not?!?! But My mom brought up the fact that to put it nicely she is kinda slow and would not make a good witness...IDK I just wish it was over! And this coming fri. is the day they are saying the dog could be released...The chick who got the citations told the cops the dog is going to Knoxville, so like an hour away. I am NOT happy with this! I guess they think it will shut us up, but the dog will hurt someone there...ugh. IDK what else to do as far as fighting this, We're at a road block.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)