Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I Feel Awful!!

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 9:24 AM
  • 0 Replies
  • 274 Total Views

Saturday night was an unbelievalbly awful colic night! Or so I thought!! The baby would not settle for anything! Everytime I would get him to sleep within minutes he would be awake and crying again.

As usual, my husband said that there must be something wrong with him. I just said that it was colic. And the husband kept up saying that he usually doesn't cry as long and especially lately - he hasn't had a full blown 4 hour crying jag in a while, and hubby looked at the clock and said that he'd been crying for 3 hours straight. I got smart-ass on him and said that the definition of colic is 3-hours of crying! Hubby asked why tonight? I assumed he meant because we were fighting... him thinking that I was influencing the baby in some way to cause his crying. So I was all mad and defensive.

When we went to bed baby still wasn't settled. Pretty much every night he is settled by bedtime and when we go to bed will wake up and be all smiley and social - even on his worst nights. So I had to get up with him a few times, and then at 1am when he was still waking up and crying and my husband again said something was wrong with him I took his temperature, and sure enough he had a fever!! A low-grade fever, but fever nonetheless. I felt so awful!! And I felt like I also should have known something was wrong. Most nights he does cry for up to maybe an hour, but once I get him settled, as long as I continue to hold him the rest of the evening he's fine - I can feel if he starts to tense up again and get up and walk with him until he's settled again. It is very rare that he starts a full-blown fit again... I think I was just so defensive because hubby and I were fighting, and he always seems to deny the fact that baby has colic. He is constantly implying that it's something I'm doing or not doing.

Poor baby :( I kept his fever at bay all day yesterday with tylenol and motrin, but then he slept all night last night and woke up feverish again :(

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 9:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)