Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How to Prevent Attacks

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 3:19 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 369 Total Views

The first step in controlling migrianes is to keep a "headache dairy". Record the frequency and severity of your attacks...as well as the foods you consumed during the 24 hours prior to each attack.  Other key strategies.....

• Maintain a regular schedule. Eat at the same time each day. Keep consistent sleep hours seven days a week. Don't "sleep in" on weekends.
  • Take vitamin supplements----Vitamin E, consult your doctor for appropiate dosage...vitamin B-2, 400 milligrams(mg) a day...vitamin B-6, 50 mg a day. Vitamin supplements help stablize levels of estrogen and serotonin.
  • Schedule "nuturing" time during which you listen to music, read, play with your dog or cat etc---anything you find enjoyable and relaxing.
  • Practice a relaxation techinique like yoga, meditaition, deep breathing or biofeedback once or twice a day for 15 minutes.
  • Deep breathing: Loosen your clothing and sit in a quiet place. breathe in as you count to five. Silently repeat to yourself, "Breathe in relaxation, breathe out tension".
  • Biofeedback: With this high-tech relaxation aid, you're hooked up to a mechancial unit that measures skin temperature or musucular tension. With practice, you will learn how to raise the temperature or loosen the muscle. Either way, your body relaxes.
  • When traveling: Give yourself plenty of time to pack. Don't carry heavy bags using a neck or shoulder strap. Avoid alcohol during airplane flights
  • Exercise regularly. Physical activity relieves stress and boosts levels of endorphins, the body's pain-relieving chemicals. At least three times a week, have a moderate, noncompetitive workout. Competitive exercise boosts your stress level.

Visit "Daily Nutritional Tips" for weight loss tips

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 3:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
MamasGirls4ever
by Group Owner on Oct. 17, 2009 at 9:57 PM

Thanks for the tips:) 

Check out my theme layouts!!!!!Any requests let me know!!!http://www.cafemom.com/customize/archive.php?type=user&user_id=1657947

Beatlemama
by on Oct. 18, 2009 at 12:24 AM

Good tips!  Thanks.

Herbalife
by on Oct. 23, 2009 at 12:10 PM

You are both Welcome!  I truly hope these tips help with your migraines. They have helped me.

Good Luck!

To Your Health

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)