Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My twins are here: Birth story included :)

Posted by on Nov. 17, 2009 at 4:25 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 450 Total Views

Just thought I'd let all of you know that my boy/girl twins are here.

My water broke at about 1am on Sunday(11/15) morning, we were really suprised because at my check up on Nov 4th, I wasn't dialated at all or anything. Plus I was only 34 weeks. But lo and behold, it was time! lol.

We went in, and had originally planned to have a vaginal birth, so we had an ultrasound to confirm them being head down, they were. But when labor started progressing, the nurses checked me and noticed something and said "Oh, thats weird" and walked out, at that point I was freaking out. Then my doctor came in and checked and said that our baby boy had his hand above his head, preventing him from going down the birth canal, so they said we would need to go for an emergency c-section. Turns out it was his foot above his head, not his hand. Our little boy is a future gymnast :)

But other than that labor and delivery went smoothly, and Harrison Taylor & Maddison Angeline entered the world :)

Harrison is 5lbs 8oz and Maddison is 4lbs 14oz. They are healthy other than the fact that their lungs aren't fully matured from being so early. They will stay in the nicu for about 2 weeks. I can't wait for their big sister Audrey to meet them, althought I'm a little nervous about her reaction, she's only 23 months.

I have pictures on my profile and on my facebook, you can add me :)

facebook.com/torilynn82

by on Nov. 17, 2009 at 4:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
twinnmom222
by New Member on Nov. 18, 2009 at 11:00 AM

davidsmom81
by New Member on Nov. 18, 2009 at 11:04 AM

Conratulations!!! I just had boy/girl twins too.  I also have a 15 month old.  Lyndsey and Johnathan were in the NICU for 3 weeks (I had them at 32 weeks).  It kind of stinks because you can't have them home right away but they just came home on Friday and things are going great.  I think I should thank the NICU because they are on a schedule together like clock work lol.  Good Luck with them :)

kathyshelton
by on Nov. 18, 2009 at 11:07 AM

CONGRATS on your babies. i have twin boys (their 19) now. you will have alot of fun with them. also, great day to have them. Nov. 15th was my birthday.

Tori.Mommy64
by Group Owner on Nov. 19, 2009 at 1:15 AM

Congrats!! My doctor said the plus side to them being in the nicu, was them being on schedule lol!

Quoting davidsmom81:

Conratulations!!! I just had boy/girl twins too.  I also have a 15 month old.  Lyndsey and Johnathan were in the NICU for 3 weeks (I had them at 32 weeks).  It kind of stinks because you can't have them home right away but they just came home on Friday and things are going great.  I think I should thank the NICU because they are on a schedule together like clock work lol.  Good Luck with them :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)