Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

pending more appts...

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:49 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 391 Total Views

Well today we saw Dylans pediatrician and she gave us a referral to see the failure to thrive team at childrens. Im exicted and nervous at the same time. She also tried to draw blood to check his retic/thyroid/liver/kidneys, etc but because he was poked so much as a infant they were unable to find any veins. So she referred us to childrens lab for that. we are waiting for ins to approve the blood testing for genetics and when they do i will give them that referral so he only gets one poke for both his ped and genetics. He also got a referral to scope for a cranial consult. I asked her about using either whole milk or pediasure since he is 1 year next month. she said either one is ok but pediasure is expensive . Does anyone know if the failure to trive team provides a rx for pediasure that so wic will cover it? also if you have seen the FTT team, how was the first appt? I have kept a food log for all of june but I will continue to do so as im sure they will want to see that. any suggestions/comments are greatly appreciated. thanks.

Tiffany lees owner of group
developmentally delayed children in san diego
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
newmommy-again
by Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:39 PM

I would ask for the rx for the pediasure, but maybe call wic first to see if it is something that is covered.  there may be a better option that the ftt team will tell you about.

nscr24x17x3
by Member on Jul. 12, 2011 at 3:39 PM

wic wouldn't cover it when my daughter was on it but her insurance covered it because the dr said it was medically necessary.

lifetimelove
by Group Owner on Jul. 12, 2011 at 7:48 PM

Generally speaking they don't cover pediasure unless they have a g-tube.

Is he able to eat normally?  Is he currently breastfed or formula fed?  Honestly, I would avoid using pediasure (and I'm saying that having had a child with FTT).  There is a LOT of sugar in pediasure.  There are some toddler formulas out there that are much better made, if he's formula fed.  I think milk products in general are bad news for children who have weight gain issues. 

mikailas_mom
by Member on Jul. 13, 2011 at 1:14 AM

yea i think i am gonna use pediasure as the last resort, i have seen lots of kids get hooked to it and wont drink anything else. also thanks nascar24x7x17x3 for the insurance tip , i will definatly look into that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)