Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

NEW!

Posted by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 2:59 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 376 Total Views

Hello my name is tracy i have 2 special needs boys and i am looking for support Jesse was diagnosed with Autism a year ago Jaxon was diagnosed with cerebral palsy,hypotonia, brain hemorrhage, axpixia, aspiration ftt and, reactive airway disease i was wondering if anyone was in a similar situation as we are having a hard time getting an actual diagnosis for jaxon they are doing testing but it is all coming up unknown?

twin boys

by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 2:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
newmommy-again
by Member on Jul. 18, 2012 at 2:03 PM

Welcome!

Many doctors will try to fit all the symptoms into one diagnosis, but there may be several diagnoses that when combined cause all the issues.

Steph_G.
by Member on Jul. 18, 2012 at 8:22 PM
1 mom liked this

I can't relate to the extreme medical problems, I just have a two year old that can't talk, isolate her fingers, stack objects, climb stairs and such, so I don't know what it's like to deal with something like a brain hemmorage, but I can relate to the not knowing. It's really hard to go in for test after test and to have the doctor's tell you that every test is "normal" when you know that there is something not working somewhere. So if I can provide support, I will, and I hope to hear more from you in posts. 

saherman12
by New Member on Jul. 18, 2012 at 10:25 PM
I understand how it feels. The drs have know idea what is going on w my son. They are at the point of checking things off of the list. I hate the tests, the waiting for results an the test
howing nothing. It is hard and it is even harder bc my boyfriend doesn't really talk w me about what is going on w our son.
andersonmommy2
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 5:10 PM

I completely understand and it is really hard to watch your own child struggle. My 2 yr old may have autism (has all the signs and 1 dr said yes but not officially), he also has a rare disease called Hereditary Spastic Paraplgia. Like I said on your other post they thought he had c.p. We have family members that have c.p. so I have seen less severe cases to extreme severe cases of c.p. but after MRI's, x-rays, tests, and all other sorts of things they ruled out c.p. Now we are stuck with HSP with symptoms of dystonia.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)