Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

scarlet fever

Posted by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 8:30 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 356 Total Views

I took my daughter to the dr today because she broke out in hives and it just kept getting worse. They tested her and told us she has scarlet fever. I haven't heard of kids getting this . Does anyone have any experience with this? I started to read online about it and it ended up making me freak out. Thank you

by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 8:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
newmommy-again
by Member on Aug. 3, 2012 at 7:40 AM
Wow! Haven't heard of any cases recently but hope she feels better soon!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Icesfire
by Member on Aug. 3, 2012 at 8:59 AM

Before my kids I worked in day care and I had to know scarlet fever info. Now it been 7 year sine I worked in day care so my info is a little out of day but this is what I know of it:

The most commonly testament is Antibiotic VK for 10 days witch if fallow right will fix Scarlet fever. It is only those that don't fellow treatment right that get complication.  How ever if you little one can't take the VK  you may have get the other Antibiotic call erythromycin witch also fix Scarlet Fever. It's my owner understanding that as long as you child take he/her Antibiotic right this will not be any more of a problem then say a bad flue you need antibiotic for.

Hope everthing go well and pleace keep us up to day.

nscr24x17x3
by Member on Aug. 3, 2012 at 2:09 PM

She is on antibiotics and it is a lot because she is allergic to most Antibiotics. she seems fine. she is happy, no fever, and the rash is fading a little. I feel bad for her though. and now my sister in law is being a pain about the fact that my sister is having a party for my one niece and I am taking my older one. the little one is staying home. my sister in law says I shouldn't bring my older one because the baby is sick. I can't do that to my older one because she has to miss so much stuff because of the baby and she is sooo looking forward to seeing her cousins. (they dont see each other often) plus I talked to the dr and he said it is fine. they tested her and she is fine. this is getting crazy and this poor baby can't catch a break.

Thank you for the advice and information. I am trying to get through all this without losing my mind.

sarahw06219
by Member on Aug. 6, 2012 at 12:44 AM

I think scarlett fever is just a complication of common strep throat.  The antibiotics should fix it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN