Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Very important information about toxic cleaners and the health of your family!

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 6:03 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 265 Total Views

I know this is long, but stay with me, it's worth it for you and your kids health!!

Did you know that your home could be toxic to you and your family? I didn't until I started doing some research into the cleaning products I was using. As a mother of two young children, I was greatly concerned with making sure my children where living in a clean environment, little did I know that by cleaning my home with what I now know were toxic cleaners I was actually causing my children harm.

                                                     


During my investigating into the products I was using on a daily basis I found many of the cleaners I was using where extremely toxic to not only to my health from cleaning with them but my childrens health because they were also breathing in the vapors and touching areas where there was residue left over after me cleaning. Just for an example I found that the disinfectant that I used all over my childrens rooms and the rest of the house, and spray directly in the air that they breath contains chemicals (phenol, 2-butoxy, ethanol, formaldehyde) which can cause cancer, CNS disorders, liver damage, reproductive disorders, and kidney damage! The vapors from the liquid bleach that I used to clean the bathtub that my children would then bath in have been shown to interfere with brain function and shown to aggravate heart conditions and asthma! And the vapors from my toilet bowl cleaner have been shown to interfere with brain function and produce asthmalike symptoms and cause muscle spasmas, damage to blood tissue, and reproductive disorders! I could go on and on for hours about how many products I had in my home that where hurting my family and myself.


I now have rid my home of all toxic dangerous cleaners and replaced it with wonderful safe and natural, non-toxic cleaners!   My home is now safe for our entire family, I no longer have to worry about my children breathing in or touching chemicals that could damage their health. I love there products so well that I not only signed up as a member but I signed on as an Independent Distributor so that I could share these wonderful products with everyone! Thank you for reading about my family and I and our experience. For information and purchasing options for these safe & natural, non-toxic, & hypoallergenic cleaners follow the, "Get Clean" link below.







 

by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 6:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
EKMOM
by Group Owner on Jun. 20, 2007 at 6:39 PM

Thank you for talking about this with us and sharing your personal story. I compleatly agree. In general we do not understand toxins. Toxins are everywhere, our food supply is filled with thousands of harmful toxins, our air is to. Our water that is to be the safest around is bombarded with tons of harmful toxins and then we sray more of these harmful chemicals around our homes trying to protect those we love from bacterias and molds and bugs, etc. we plug in prettyu smelling scents into our walls so a room is more inviting, but infact all we are doing is causing cellular damage to ourselves and our family! Just today I read a report about the three most contaminated surfaces that we touch. Guess what they are? Its not your toilet, or your floor, instead its your kitchen sink, the keypad to your computer and shoping carts.

I knew about the shopping carts and the kitchen sink, but never thought about my keypad. So the healthiest way and safest way to clean your keypad ladies is with hydrogen peroxide and a cotton cloth. Turn your pc off, flip the key pad upside down and tap on the back to get rid of loose dust and dirt then gently wipe with the cloth that is dampened and do this with your mouse also.

Simple once a week cleaning saves us from the bad guys. I am not much of a worrier when it comes to germs, I dont yell at my kids to wash their hands all the time, dont purchase antibacterial items, just plain old 100% pure soap.

Germs are not always the enemy! Only some of them!

So thank you for posting this helpful advice and story. I appreciate it.

Rene'  S.

Come visit my group! Learn how to keep your kids healthy. http://www.cafemom.com/group/healthykids 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)