Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is ice cream safe?

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 7:17 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 230 Total Views

I like to eat coldstone, but I have a feeling that I shouldn't give into my daughter when she asks for it. Is ice cream safe or have there been known dangers to tots?

Hugs, Dani

http://www.WorkAtHomeUnited.com/danidani

by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 7:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
ceciliam
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 7:20 PM
What do you mean? Why would thee be? Have you heard something? I give my son ice cream all the time.

Fake n Fancy Diaper Cakes
Scieszka
by Member on Jul. 31, 2007 at 7:26 PM
Human beings are the only species on the planet that continue to take in dairy products after the initial breastfeeding/weaning.  Dairy is highly mucous forming.  Lots of children who take in dairy develop allergies &/or recurring ear infections.  Non-organic dairy is pumped full of recumbinant bovine growth hormone.  That hormone was developed by Monsanto -- yeah, that is the same company that made Agent Orange!  Why is a company that manufactured weapons of mass destruction putting chemicals into our dairy supplies?  At the very least, avoid non-organic dairy. 

I have a weakness for ice cream too.  Right after giving birth I had several months worth of cravings for daily milkshakes from Coldstone.  Coldstone ice cream uses the non-organic milk.  While I was taking the Coldstone milkshakes, I became super mucousy and congested.  I then switched to making my own shakes at home with Ben & Jerry's ice cream.  I don't think that Ben&Jerry's is organic, but they are very against the growth hormone and even label their ice cream to indicate that they do not use the hormone.  Once I switched ice creams, I noticed that I was SOOOOO much less mucousy.  Their ice cream still isn't the healthiest, but it is a lesser evil.

Then there is always the option of making homemade ice cream with a dairy alternative (like almond, rice, coconut, or hemp milk).

By the way, if you are interested in finding out more about the dangers of milk, check out these websites ...

www.notmilk.com
http://www.ejnet.org/bgh/nogood.html

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)