Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

Can you say chocolate?

Posted by on Oct. 28, 2009 at 2:13 PM
  • 10 Replies

This website is great, it has all recipes chocolate..the holdiays are coming, get the kids involved and share...

www.dovechocolatediscoveries.com/gbrady

by on Oct. 28, 2009 at 2:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JoyandLove
by on Oct. 28, 2009 at 3:45 PM

Great site! Thanks!

pink ribbon Remember your mammograms ladies:)

PSMother
by on Oct. 28, 2009 at 11:34 PM
I love chocolate!!! Maybe Ragu should make a chocolate sauce. I wonder how chocolate-covered tomatoes would taste? Probably not so good. But Ragu makes the cheese sauce and the alfredo sauce, so why not a chocolate sauce too?
rkoloms
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 8:23 AM

Please stay away from Dove until they pledge to buy Fairly Traded chocolate.

• 284,000 children toil in abusive labor conditions in West Africa’s cocoa fields
  • Cocoa companies pay prices so low that many cocoa farmers cannot meet their families’ basic needs

But we can fix all that...with Fair Trade certified chocolate:

• Forced and abusive child labor are prohibited
  • Farming families earn a price that is adequate to meet their basic human needs
  • Environmentally sustainable production methods are required

You can learn more here: http://www.globalexchange.org/campaigns/fairtrade/cocoa/

Robin in Chicago

chrissi0103
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 9:26 AM

I love chocolate too!

DogsMom
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 10:24 AM

Any thoughts about Hershey?  I love their chocolate.

PSMother
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 4:06 PM

Did you realize that the same "brand" of chocolate is different in Europe from what they "serve" in the USA?  For instance, Nestle or Hersheys, any of those are WAY better in Europe.  They have too much wax added here...

luvschocolate
by on Oct. 30, 2009 at 8:50 PM

thanks for the link, it's right up my alley :)

JoyJoy
by on Oct. 30, 2009 at 9:20 PM

thanx...mmmmmmmmmm chocolate 

Mom2SKMB
by on Oct. 31, 2009 at 1:50 AM

I could really go for some chocolate right now ;)

armysids ribbonbaseballangeltwin girls

Looking for great make-up, skin care, hair care, home decor, clothing, jewelry, mens, and childrens products?  Check out my Avon store.

MomX04
by on Oct. 31, 2009 at 7:33 PM

Quoting PSMother:

Did you realize that the same "brand" of chocolate is different in Europe from what they "serve" in the USA?  For instance, Nestle or Hersheys, any of those are WAY better in Europe.  They have too much wax added here...

I think a lot of that has to do with our demand for candy bars and other things made in bulk that sit on shelves forever.  I know some candy bars I have gotten literally stuck to my teeth from all the extra stuff in them, they didn't melt like they should have. 

I have gotten to the point when I want chocolate I'll make my own chocolate icing and use cocoa powder or a higher quality chocolate chip rather than buy from the grocery store.

In Europe it is seen more as an indulgance while over here it is an everyday demand occurance.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)