Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is everyone making for dinner??

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 11:24 AM
  • 11 Replies

My husband has been gone for 9 days on work out of town. So tonight I will be making a YUMMY lasagna. I have been craving it and what says welcome home better then a nice hot meal. Especially with the chill in the air.Here is my recipe if anyone is interested. Please feel free to include your recipes with what you plan on having.

Lasagna:

Ingredients

1 package of your favorite noodles

1 small container of ricotta cheese

2 cups of mozzirilla cheese

2 teaspoons Italian seasoning

1 teaspoon garlic

1 egg

1 jar ragu sauce in your favorite flavor

pepper to taste

Directions:

Mix egg, ricotta, mozzarella, garlic, Italian seasoning, and pepper together.

Take you pan and put a layer of sauce.

Add a layer of noodles followed by the cheese mixture.

Add more sauce.

repeat layers till you run out.

Top with remaining sauce. cover with aluminium and bake on 300 till noodles are tender

You can put any other ingrediants in with your lasagna just include in layers :O) we like our plain

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

Loving wife and mommy to three wonderful babies :O)

by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 11:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CoastieWifePR
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 12:36 PM

That sounds good.  I make my lasagna differently.  Since my husband likes to make it in a 9x12 pan, here's what we use:

3 pounds of ground sirloin

to season and cook the meat you'll need

adobo goya

2 envelopes sazón

2 or 3 tbsp sofrito (onion, garlic, bell pepper, oregano, cilantro)

1 tsp tomato paste

1/4 cup water

1 package of lasagna

1 jar ragu sauce (I like the 4 cheese type)

1 bag sliced Swiss cheese

either

2 bags sargento (or any brand for that matter) 4 cheese italian

or

1 bag shredded mozzarella

1 bag shredded cheddar

boil the pasta until cooked al dente

while that is boiling, cook the meat for about 10 minutes or until fully cooked

Once the meat and pasta is cooked, start building the layers...  I can usually make 2 layers of meat and 3 of cheese...

pasta

sauce

meat

mozzarella and cheddar or Italian blend

pasta, sauce, meat, more mozzarella and cheddar or Italian

pasta, sauce, mozzarella and cheddar or Italian then on top a layer of Swiss cheese

now since the pasta and meat are cooked, put it in the oven for about 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.  Let it cool for about 5 minutes before serving.

Oh BTW I'm having something easy tonight, hamburger helper and a little white rice because my picky eater wont eat anything unless its noodles or rice...

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
  This is Bunny. Copy and paste her into your signature to help her gain world domination.

kelsbecca619
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 12:36 PM

I made chicken pot pie last night... I dont know what Ill make tonight but heres the recipe for Chicken pot pie

2 cans of chicken breasts or 2 cooked chicken breasts( I cubed them and boil them)

1 can of cream of chicken soup

1 can of cream of celery soup

1(16oz or 2 cups) frozen mixed veggies or can use canned

2 pkgs pie crusts

Directions: Combine soups together in a bowl with the veggies, season to taste. pour in chicken and mix well. place one pic crust in  a glass pie plate ungreased. pour mixture into the pie plate. top with remaining crust and can brush with melted butter. Bake at 425 degrees for 25 mins and your done!!!

KRISTAL_WILDER
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 12:51 PM

Thanks for reminding me! My bedroom caught on fire this morning and i forgot about laying anything out for supper.

pregnancy
itsnotaboutm765
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 12:55 PM

That is alot of lasagna.lol

Quoting CoastieWifePR:

That sounds good.  I make my lasagna differently.  Since my husband likes to make it in a 9x12 pan, here's what we use:

3 pounds of ground sirloin

to season and cook the meat you'll need

adobo goya

2 envelopes sazón

2 or 3 tbsp sofrito (onion, garlic, bell pepper, oregano, cilantro)

1 tsp tomato paste

1/4 cup water

1 package of lasagna

1 jar ragu sauce (I like the 4 cheese type)

1 bag sliced Swiss cheese

either

2 bags sargento (or any brand for that matter) 4 cheese italian

or

1 bag shredded mozzarella

1 bag shredded cheddar

boil the pasta until cooked al dente

while that is boiling, cook the meat for about 10 minutes or until fully cooked

Once the meat and pasta is cooked, start building the layers...  I can usually make 2 layers of meat and 3 of cheese...

pasta

sauce

meat

mozzarella and cheddar or Italian blend

pasta, sauce, meat, more mozzarella and cheddar or Italian

pasta, sauce, mozzarella and cheddar or Italian then on top a layer of Swiss cheese

now since the pasta and meat are cooked, put it in the oven for about 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.  Let it cool for about 5 minutes before serving.

Oh BTW I'm having something easy tonight, hamburger helper and a little white rice because my picky eater wont eat anything unless its noodles or rice...

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

CoastieWifePR
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 4:42 PM

lol yes, it easily serves 6-8 people.  Here is only my husband, me and my 3 yr old so we have plenty for 2 days.

Quoting itsnotaboutm765:

That is alot of lasagna.lol

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
  This is Bunny. Copy and paste her into your signature to help her gain world domination.

auroragold
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 5:11 PM

Those are very interesting variations on lasagna that I've never seen. Thanks for sharing them!

I've always mixed my ricotta with an egg - I think that it helps bind it so it doesn't get runny...

Tonight - well I have a small steak for the hubster whenever he gets home.  I think that DD and I will be decadent tonight and have cheeseburgers and salad 

sapphiresoda
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 5:19 PM

I'm not sure.  My oldest is pretty picky, so it's always a gamble whether or not he'll even try what I make.  Lately he's been saying, "Its poop!" before even trying it.

baby

baby

babies

rkoloms
by on Oct. 30, 2009 at 8:33 AM

This is my meal plan for dinners this week. Send me a message offlist if you would like any recipes.

Week of 10/25

Sunday - bean and vegetable sloppy joes

Monday - Mexican lasagna

Tuesday - southwest falafel

Wednesday - stirfry

Thursday - zucchini enchiladas

Friday - stroganoff

Saturday - Halloween black and orange quesadillas

Robin in Chicago

LovelyDisaster
by on Oct. 30, 2009 at 9:21 AM

Yea, so I read this post and realized it was after 9a and I hadn't figured out what I was making and I probably needed to set something out.

So I'm making Chicken Piccata, which is a new recipe.

1/2c all-purpose flour

1/2t salt

1/4t pepper

1lb chicken breast, sliced thin and pounded into cutlets

3t butter

1 lemon, halved crosswise and seeds removed

2t capers

Sauce:

3T butter

3T all-purpose flour

1/2c hot chicken broth

Shake flour, salt, and pepper in a plastic bag. Add chicken pieces in batches to coat. Heat butter over medium heat in a skillet and brown each side of the coated chicken. Squeeze fresh lemon juice over the chicken and add capers. Remove to a platter and set aside in a warm place. To the same pan add butter for the sauce and mix with flour to make a roux. Gradually add chicken broth and allow thickening. Strain sauce, if desired, and serve spooned over chicken.

Prep: 20 min    Cook: 10 min    Serves 4 to 6

I'm just trying to figure out how to pound the chicken since I don't actually have anything to do it with. 

CafeMom Tickers
itsnotaboutm765
by on Oct. 30, 2009 at 5:58 PM

Yummo everyone. Tonight we are having BBQ beef MMMmmm..........with mashed potatoes and a homemade shortcake brownie for dessert.

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)