Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Halloween Spaghetti and Meat Balls

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 4:12 PM
  • 7 Replies

To make Halloween Spaghetti and Meat Balls you will need a package of tubular pasta like rigati, manicotti, penne, or rigatoni pasta. You want to find a pasta that looks like it could be a vein or an intestine to make this Halloween pasta dish. If you like you can use elbow macaroni and still get a Halloween effect in your dish. Boil the pasta as directed on the pasta package

You will also need a jar of Ragu sauce

For meat balls you can buy some frozen meat balls or you can make the meat balls yourself by hand. To make the meat balls yourself you can take a package of ground beef, a cup of bread crumbs, an egg and salt and pepper to taste and mix it together well. Roll the meat ball mix into eye ball size balls. Then take a round piece of onion and fit it into the meat balls so it will not fall out by shaping some of the meat around the edge of the onion to get the onion to stay in place. Then fry the meat balls in oil on the piece of onion so the onion turns brown and looks like an eyeball. Fry the meat balls until they are done turning the meat balls occasionally so they do not burn.

Then mix the cooked pasta, heated sauce and the meat balls together and serve it to your guests. You can serve it in a big bowl.

If you like to can take some grated parmesan cheese and put it in a zip lock bag with a couple drops of green food coloring and shake the parmesan cheese with the food coloring until it is a nice shade of green. Then serve the parmesan cheese on the side so your guests can put the cheese on their food themselves. Green parmesan cheese looks like it is moldy and adds to the Halloween effect.

Don't forget to serve wine or red juice with your dinner and place a candy jelly eye or two in the drinks.

Halloween spaghetti and meat balls can be fun but not for the faint of heart.

by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 4:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
glitterbelle
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 5:51 PM

what a fun ideabat

JoyJoy
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 10:36 PM

thanx for the idea!

DaNiMaRiEsMiTh
by on Oct. 30, 2009 at 8:29 AM

I told my DH that this is what I wanted to make for supper on Halloween- fill up the kiddos before going trick or treating (so they won't be as tempted to eat the candy) and he thought it was an awsome idea. But I didn't have a clue how to make the eyeballs. Thanks for the ideas!

Danimariesmithsiggy-1.gif picture by debrig

Lisa0626
by on Oct. 30, 2009 at 10:14 AM

booI love this idea, Thanks!

kfroz0415
by on Oct. 30, 2009 at 11:31 AM

That sounds good! What a great idea!

wedding website

momof3angela
by on Oct. 30, 2009 at 11:57 AM

Now that is fun, creative....and edible....thanks:) 

sapphiresoda
by on Oct. 30, 2009 at 4:20 PM

What a cool idea!

baby

baby

babies

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)