Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

looking for a really great ribs reciepe

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 2:33 PM
  • 7 Replies

When you have beef/pork spare ribs how do you usually cook them? My SO has been asking me to make these for him. Usually I just throw them in the crock pot and put bbq sause over them. If anyone has a really good reciepe for these, I would love to have it.

Thanks, Amy

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 2:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
auroragold
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 3:22 PM

A million different recipes out there - guess it depends on how much time/effort you want to expend!

When I HAVE the time, I rub them with seasoning then place them on a rack IN a baking pan. I put some water in the bottom of the pan, some chopped garlic and onion. Cover it with foil and then put it on low (VERY LOW like 150 degrees) in the oven for hours.   This will make them fall off the bone tender but they won't be sitting in liquid (as in a crock).

Then I toss them in the broiler (winter) or on the grill (summer) with a bbq or basting sauce to brown them up.

Mommy_To_Boo
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 4:58 PM

Ingredients

• 4 pounds pork spareribs
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup ketchup
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce
  • 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
  • 1/4 cup rum
  • 1/2 cup chile sauce
  • 2 cloves garlic, crushed
  • 1 teaspoon dry mustard
  • 1 dash ground black pepper

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Cut spareribs into serving size portions, wrap in double thickness of foil, and bake for 1 1/2 hours. Unwrap, and drain drippings. (I usually freeze the drippings to use later in soups.) Place ribs in a large roasting pan.
  2. In a bowl, mix together brown sugar, ketchup, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, rum, chile sauce, garlic, mustard, and pepper. Coat ribs with sauce and marinate at room temperature for 1 hour, or refrigerate overnight.
  3. Preheat grill for medium heat. Position grate four inches above heat source.
  4. Brush grill grate with oil. Place ribs on grill, and cook for 30 minutes, basting with marinade.

I use this every time I make them  Delish!

Plus-size-mommy
by on Nov. 10, 2009 at 8:58 AM

I'm with you OP, I always just throw them in the crockpot and pour some Baby Rays over them and let em go!!

yellowbulldogs
by on Nov. 10, 2009 at 9:12 AM

I have a great one and so easy!

spray pam on pan, season ribs w/ salt, pepper, garlic powder etc... put on pan cover tightly w/ foil and cook @325 for 2 hours then put bbq sauce on and eat! If you want to get fancy you can marinate in beer a few hours before cooking.. they are great either way

lifesbliss
by on Nov. 11, 2009 at 11:05 AM

I soak them in rootbeer, onions, and garlic overnight.  then lay them out on a pan of onion and garlic, season them with salt, pepper, cumin, chili powder, and dried oreagano. Wrap the pan with plastic wrap, then foil, and bake them at 275 for 4 hours.  Let them cool, and them spread them with bbq (I like saz's or famous daves) and pop them under the broiler.

Life's Bliss
awesomeamylynn
by on Nov. 11, 2009 at 4:55 PM

Thanks for all of the great rib reciepes. Now my only problem is having to decide which reciepe to try first. LOL. Thanks again.

Amy

elvishprncss
by on Nov. 11, 2009 at 11:47 PM

Here's a great rib recipe I found at allrecipes.com. It's for honey garlic ribs.

Ingredients

• 4 pounds pork spareribs
  • 1/2 cup honey
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce
  • 1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon garlic salt

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
  2. Slice the ribs into individual pieces. In a large bowl, combine the honey, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic and brown sugar. Stir until honey and sugar are completely dissolved, then stir in the baking soda. The mixture will begin to foam. Transfer ribs to the bowl, and turn to coat.
  3. Cover a cookie sheet with foil, and arrange the ribs meat side up on the sheet. Pour excess sauce over all, and sprinkle with the garlic salt.
  4. Bake for 1 hour, turning every 20 minutes.

Even my super picky one year old likes them. They never take me the full hour though.  Maybe 40 minutes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)