Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you buy with the netgrocer card?

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:12 AM
  • 10 Replies

What would you buy with the netgrocer card?  Staples for everyday, or things for a special meal?  Would you use it all at once or over a period of time?

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Plus-size-mommy
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:34 AM

I would use it all at once. I have a deep freezer that we bought at tax time last year and we stocked that thing to the hilt. it lasted half the year and we saved a ton on groceries! I would love to be able to fill that freezer again and not have to worry about grocery money for awhile!

Jacqalyn
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 2:47 PM

Meat and veggies, Love meat and got to have my veggies

Liansmommie
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 5:38 PM

Pricier items like meats can be less expensive per meal when bulk bought. The problem is it is a huge up front investment. We would do with the card the same as we do with our tax refund. By the bulk stuff and freeze or store it. It really does save over time.

MomToBeISaMom
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 5:40 PM

I would stock my pantry with staples and buy some meat for our deep freezer.

Mommy_0f_many
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 5:44 PM

Meat and if possible Diapers LOL we go through a case a week with our little ones!

kyledavidsmom
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 6:08 PM

I would use half for meat for my deep freezer. And the other half for staples. 

rkoloms
by on Nov. 14, 2009 at 8:27 AM

Quoting Mommy_0f_many:

Meat and if possible Diapers LOL we go through a case a week with our little ones!

Have you tried cloth diapers? When our daughter was born, between hand-me-downs and garage sales, we spent about $50 on diapers (and she wore them until she was 4)

Robin in Chicago

EricaS1130
by on Nov. 15, 2009 at 4:58 AM

I would buy lots of meat...I always try to stock up when I find a good sale. It would be awesome to be able to shop and not have to worry about going over my little budget : )

Rogue35
by on Nov. 15, 2009 at 6:38 AM

I have seven kids so it would come in handy. I would try to buy alot of canned goods and meat.

rogue35

Mimsmom
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:36 AM

I'm with everyone else-meats are expensive and we would stock up as much as possible.  The price of hamburger has been unreal this year so we switched to ground turkey.  It's healthier too, I've heard.

Mimsmom

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)