Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cookie Recipes?

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:43 PM
  • 8 Replies

Anyone have any really simple cookie recipes? I am not any good at baking, so something REALLY simple would be helpful :)

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 5:25 PM

What kind are you looking for?? If your a really bad baker the mixes by betty crocker that you just and water oil and egg are yummy and easy :O)

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

Loving wife and mommy to three wonderful babies :O)

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:08 PM

This is the recipe I use for my business (you can half it and it will work just fine).  It's a perfect cut out cookie recipe.  It will keep it's shape and not "spread" while baking:

No Fail Sugar Cookie

6 cups flour
3 tsp. baking powder
2 cups butter
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla extract or desired flavoring (I like almond myself)
1 tsp. salt

Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix well. Mix dry ingredients and add a little at a time to butter mixture. Mix until flour is completely incorporated and the dough comes together.  I like to roll it out between two sheets of waxed paper or parchment paper, then chill for an hour or so.  This way you don't have to add additional flour while rolling it out.  Cut out shapes with any cookie cutter - great recipe for basic designs and very intricate designs as well.  Bake on an ungreased cookie sheet at 350 for 8 - 10 minutes, or until the edges are just browned.  This recipe as is, makes up to 5 dozen 3 inch cookies.

I like to decorate with royal icing or homemade marshmallow fondant.  You can also use the canned frostings and sprinkles.  Another option is to "paint" the cookies: Mix 1 Tbs light corn syrup and a drop or two of food coloring, and paint on a cooled cookie.  Let each color dry before adding another color, or you can go for a tie-dyed effect using all colors at once.  This method takes a day to completely dry, but they will be nice and shiny -like stained glass.

Come on over and check us out!

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:09 PM

Thank you. This should help quiet my husband about the lack of baked goods in this house.

by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 8:36 AM

The Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie

11 1/2 ounce(s) 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Chips

2 1/4 cup(s) unsifted flour (I use whole wheat pastry flour)

1 teaspoon(s) baking soda

1/2 teaspoon(s) teaspoon salt

1 cup butter

3/4 cup(s) sugar ( I use Florida crystals or beet sugar or succanat)

3/4 cup(s) packed brown sugar or date sugar (I use all organic, unbleached sugar)

2 eggs or egg replacer for 2 eggs

2 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract (use a good brand, like neilsen-massey)

1 cup(s) chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)

Preheat oven to 375ºF. Stir flour with baking soda and salt; set aside. In large mixer bowl, cream butter with sugar, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Gradually blend dry mixture into creamed mixture. Stir in nuts and chocolate chips. Drop 1 tablespoon of dough per cookie onto ungreased cookie sheets.

Bake at 375ºF for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown.

Robin in Chicago

by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 10:41 AM

here is a family fav that is perfect for you, no baking!

No Bake Cookies

• 1 3/4 cups white sugar
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
  • 3 cups quick-cooking oats
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, milk, butter, and cocoa. Bring to a boil, and cook for 1 1/2 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in peanut butter, oats, and vanilla. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto wax paper. Let cool until hardened.

These are so yummy! 

Life's Bliss
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 2:41 PM

Here are a few easy and cheap recipes.......................

Peanut butter cookies

1cup peanut butter

1cup sugar

1 egg

Mix all together, roll into balls , flatten with a fork ( you can sprinkle sugar on these if you want) but in oven on 350 10 minutes .Remove cookies to cookie rack or counter and let cool

Mint cookies

1 bag of semi sweet chocolate chips

peppermint extract

Ritz crackers

waxed paper

Melt chocolate in microwave add a few drops of extract mix together.

Dip ritz crackers in chocolate mixture  and place on waxed paper lined cookie sheet .Place in fridge for about 3-4 minutes and enjoy

( you can also spread peanut butter on the cracker before dipping in chocolate and follow through with the rest of the direction)

by Member on Nov. 14, 2009 at 3:22 AM

Here is a recipe to make now and eat  - or-  to make for a gift.

Cowboy/Cowgirl Cookies:

1 1/3 cup all purpose flour, spooned into measuring cup & leveled
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup cooking oats
3/4 cup m&ms
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup white sugar
1/3 – 1/2 cup chopped pecans

Stir all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.

Start with a 1 quart smooth Ball jar, available in supermarkets and craft stores.

Layer the ingredients like this:

First: flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt
Second: oats
Third: m&ms
Fourth: chocolate chips
Fifth: brown sugar
Sixth: white sugar
Seventh: chopped pecans

Pack each level down really tightly.  Pack it in. Or else it won’t all fit. Add the chopped pecans last, because if the ingredients were too much or not enough, then you can add more or less pecans to adjust.   The ingredients should be flush to the top of the lid when you seal it up.

To decorate the top of the jars, get a spool of suede cord and some fabric. Cut the fabric into 6 inch squares and the suede into 25 inch pieces. Place the fabric on top and tie ribbons around the lid to hold it in place.

For the labels, you’ll need some card stock, a paper punch and double-sided tape.

Here are the pink labels:.

Note:  Check out the seasonal m&ms in the candy aisle. They are usually available in special holiday colors or themes. Enjoy!

by on Nov. 14, 2009 at 2:25 PM

These are great little Pecan Sandies from allrecipes. (DH absolutely loves them.  I can even sneak in a little white whole wheat or whole wheat pastry flour without complaint.)

1 cup butter, softened (original recipe called for margarine)
1 cup oil 
1 cup white sugar  (I use half white, half brown)
1 cup confectioners' sugar, sifted
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups chopped pecans

1/2 cup white sugar for decoration
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
In a large bowl, cream together the butter, oil, 1 cup white sugar and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt; stir into the creamed mixture. Mix in the pecans. Roll dough into 1 inch balls and roll each ball in remaining white sugar. Place the cookies 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.  For a "fancier" cookie place a pecan in the center of the cookie ball (squish it down a bit) then bake.
Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are golden. Remove from cookie sheets to cool on wire racks.

This is a yummy Ginger Snaps recipe that uses whole wheat.

1 cup butter or margarine
1 1/2 cups white sugar
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup molasses
4 cups whole wheat flour
1 tablespoon baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 tablespoon ground ginger
1 1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cloves
1 1/2 teaspoons ground allspice

1 cup white sugar for decoration
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.
In a large bowl, cream together the butter and 1 1/2 cups of sugar until smooth. Mix in the eggs, and then the molasses. Combine the whole wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder, ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves, and allspice, heaping the measures if you like a lot of spice. Stir the dry ingredients into the molasses mixture just until blended.
Roll the dough into small balls, and dip the top of each ball into the remaining white sugar. Place the cookies about 2 inches apart on the cookie sheets.
Bake for 10 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven, until the tops are cracked. Bake longer for crispy cookies, less time for chewy cookies. Cool on wire racks.

I highly recommend parchment paper ( or silpat liners) when baking cookies.  It makes the whole process (including clean up) much easier and eliminates cookies sticking to the cookie sheet.  Happy baking.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)