Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

who taught you to cook?

Posted by on Nov. 23, 2009 at 11:42 PM
  • 32 Replies

NOBODY taught me! LOL!  so hubby is now...we are still in a learning process =)

by on Nov. 23, 2009 at 11:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
s.t.e.p.h
by on Nov. 24, 2009 at 7:52 AM

I watched my mom alot growing up...so I learned alot of it from her. I also taught myself..she's always asking me how to make something lol.

((*Steph-23 year old stay at home momma to my 3 March babies:Elijah,Brayden and Hannah.

momoflilangel
by on Nov. 24, 2009 at 8:13 AM

No one taught me either. I have followed recipes, created new things, and gotten tips from friends. I cook a lot of things now (been married 7 years) but I still feel like I am in the learning process as well.

rkoloms
by on Nov. 24, 2009 at 8:22 AM

I started cooking with my grandmother (a caterer) and mom pretty much as soon as I could walk.

Robin in Chicago

bakebiscotti
by on Nov. 24, 2009 at 8:23 AM

I watched my mom and then at 21 I went to work in a bakery.  Then I went to cooking school

kyledavidsmom
by Member on Nov. 24, 2009 at 9:18 AM

I watched my mom growing up. But i basically taught myself how to cook.

Plus-size-mommy
by on Nov. 24, 2009 at 9:56 AM

Nobody really, if I want to make something I just call my mom up and ask her a question. But, nobody really sat down with me and said "okay this is how you cook" lol!

MaMaLaLa369
by on Nov. 24, 2009 at 10:03 AM

i had to teach myself to cook when i was little. my dad gave me pointers along the way, and i loved watching cooking shows.

tretresmom
by on Nov. 24, 2009 at 10:06 AM

Nobody I taught myself  LOL  & I am a pretty good cook LOL

RebeccaJill
by on Nov. 24, 2009 at 10:27 AM

My husband taught me.  I knew how to do very little in the kitchen but he was a great cook, grew up with it, owned a market, and catered.  He taught me a lot but then I branched out on my own.  Now, I don't cook anything unless it's super easy because of the busy days and tight schedule!

I_Have_3_Boys
by on Nov. 24, 2009 at 11:19 AM

No one...lol. I usually cook the basics. Hubby just hates my sauce/gravy, so i just stay clear of it. other than that its just simple meals for us.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)