Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

Hi Everyone!

It's your kid's snack day at school what is he/she taking?

by on Nov. 30, 2009 at 1:41 PM
Replies (11-20):
MomToBeISaMom
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:13 AM

DD isn't in school yet, but her favorite snacks are:

string cheese, yogurt, apples, carrots

Oh, who am I kidding!  She does like healthy snacks, but if it was up to her, she's take those crappy fruit snacks or gummi bears, M & M's, or cupcakes

MomToBeISaMom
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:14 AM

Quoting Momof5Teens67:

reindeer 1 My kids are too old now but at THIS Holiday time of the year when my daughter was younger and it was her snack day, I made cream cheese and jelly sandwiches cut into 1/4s so they look like triangles with 1 point facing downward. I used cream cheese as glue to attach a half a maraschino cherry for a Rudolph red nose and to glue on 2 raisin eyes at the top of the triangle and then broke a SMALL traditional shaped pretzel in half and inserted each half into the top of the triangle between the pieces of bread. They all looked like mini Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeers and they are DELICIOUS too. The kids LOVED them. : )reindeer 1reindeer 2sleigh

Cute idea!!!

Rogue35
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:51 AM

cookies and Kool aid

rogue35

Lilsnobelle
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:40 PM

We homeschool, and the kids still eat snacks so:

we eat alot of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, crackers and cheese, granola bars, tuna and crackers, fruit slices, yogurt (that never lasts very long), and sometimes, cookies

elasmimi
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:16 PM

Times have changed so much, in Ela's pre school, we are not allowed to bring any homemade treats, due to possible food allergies. They have to be pre packaged snacks like cupcakes or cookies.

Bekah062205
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:21 PM

rice crispy treats, string cheese,fruit slices, gold fish crackers........fruit snack packs, jello pudding

Momof5Teens67
by on Dec. 2, 2009 at 10:03 AM

Quoting Momof5Teens67:

reindeer 1 My kids are too old now but at THIS Holiday time of the year when my daughter was younger and it was her snack day, I made cream cheese and jelly sandwiches cut into 1/4s so they look like triangles with 1 point facing downward. I used cream cheese as glue to attach a half a maraschino cherry for a Rudolph red nose and to glue on 2 raisin eyes at the top of the triangle and then broke a SMALL traditional shaped pretzel in half and inserted each half into the top of the triangle between the pieces of bread. They all looked like mini Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeers and they are DELICIOUS too. The kids LOVED them. : )reindeer 1reindeer 2sleigh

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I found a similar photo online that gives you an idea of how to do this. My pretzel antlers were broke in half to look more like real antlers and weren't chocolate covered so they're healthier. My nose is not candy it's a half maraschino cherry which is better in looks because its bigger and shiny bright. I used raisins as eyes as they are healthier than candy. Kids loved them.

Wow2boyz
by on Dec. 4, 2009 at 7:38 PM

Goldfish crackers, teddy grahams, graham crackers, triscuits....

faith506
by on Dec. 5, 2009 at 4:34 AM

frozen gogurts and yogurt covered raisins are the favorite in this house

grace2joy
by on Dec. 5, 2009 at 10:17 PM

My daughter brings in snack once a month to pre school. 

I have sent in...  applesauce cups, cracker sticks with cheese & pretzels.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN