Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ideas for Chicken?

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 2:28 PM
  • 15 Replies

Chicken is really the only meat we eat in our house, so I need some new chicken ideas. PLEASE! Lol Any idea is greatly appreciated

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 2:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
blessedgk00
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 2:31 PM

Italian chicken stir fry

Boneless chicken breast cut into chunks

bottle of italian dressing

broccoli( or green beans)

onion(chopped thinly)

mushrooms

Boil chicken until no longer pink

Caramilize onions in a little oil or you can use a little dressing

add chicken to and other ingredients to onions and cover with dressing, let boil for about 10 mins keep stirring then cover and simmer until there is no longer juice... Its great with Lomain noodles on top...  ENJOY!

laura7485
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 4:50 PM

Sounds delicious!! i will have to try it! Thanks :D

NewMommy409
by on Dec. 2, 2009 at 11:19 AM

We do alot of chicken as well!  A couple of ways I do it are:

Crockpot:  put chicken breasts (thawed) in crockpot along with a lipton onion soup packet, can of cream of mushroom, can of cream of chicken, a little worchester - let simmer in crock pot on low all day.  Then serve over rice  with another side of your choice. (I buy the steam in bag in microwave rice, so when I get home from work it is a quick and easy meal!)

Crockpot:  put chicken breasts (thawed) in crockpot along with a jar of salsa, taco seasoning packet, cream of chicken soup, can of corn and can of black beans.  Let simmer in crock pot on low all day.  Then you can either serve over rice or put into flour tortillas.  We have even eaten it over corn chips with the chicken shredded up.

Lastly, baked chicken.  Mix together in small bowl:  one tbsp. mustard, 2 tbsp. ketchup, 1 tbsp. worchester and one can of cream of chicken soup.  Take chicken breasts and salt and pepper, then place in baking dish - pour mixture over breasts making sure to cover all, then bake in the over at 375 for 1 hour or until chicken is done.  This is also good on pork chops!  I serve with mashed potatos and a veggie.

Enjoy! simple smile

NewMommy409:  full time wife, mommy, sister, daughter, friend, housekeeper, grocery getter, deal seeker, bill payer, and part time career woman.  Loving mommyhood and learning more one day at a time!

Cindy18
by Bronze Member on Dec. 2, 2009 at 11:46 AM

Chicken a la Queen

4-5 cooked and cut up chicken breasts

1 can cream mushroom soup

1 can cream chicken soup

1can cream celery soup

1 can chicken broth

2  cups frozen mixed veggies

Cooked rice.

Mix everything but rice. Warm through. serve over rice.

This is actually a chicken pot pie recipe so if you want to put it in pie crust and bake. It's great that way too.

reindeer 1reindeer 2sleigh

Cindy

shajdinyak
by Member on Dec. 2, 2009 at 12:11 PM

Got these from others on CM:

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in small chunks

2- 15oz cans black beans, undrained

2 15oz cans Mexican stewed tomatoes, or rotel tomatoes

1 cup salsa (any heat you enjoy)

4 oz can chopped green chilies

14.5 can tomato sauce

tortilla chips

Grated cheese (optional)

Combine all ingredients except chips and cheese in large slow cooker. Cover and cook on low 8 hrs.  Just before serving remo ve chicken and cut into bite sized pieces. Stir back into soup. 

To serve, put a handful of chips in each bowl.  Ladle soup over chips and top with cheese.

•·                     12 pepperoncini peppers, rinsed and drained

•·                     1 cup sliced pitted kalamata olive

•·                     8 minced garlic cloves

•·                     3 1/2 lbs chicken leg quarters

•·                     1 1/2 teaspoons paprika

•·                     1/4 teaspoon salt

•·                     1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper

•·                     1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest

•·                     1/2 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice

•·                     1 cup sour cream

•·                     1/2 teaspoon paprika

•1.                   Layer whole pepperoncini on the bottom of a slow cooker. Sprinkle the olive slices and garlic on top of the peppers.

•2.                   Rinse chicken and pat dry. Place on top of pepperoncini mixture. Sprinkle chicken with 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika, salt, pepper and lemon zest. Slowly pour in lemon juice.

•3.                   Cover and cook on low 6 to 6-1/2 hours or until meat easily pulls away from the bone. Remove chicken o a warm plate and cover to keep warm.

•4.                   Turn slow cooker on high. Skim fat from cooking liquid. Whisk in sour cream until blended. Cover and simmer on high until heated through (8 to 10 minutes, depending on your cooker). Stir in pepper and paprika. Serve sauce with chicken.

MomToBeISaMom
by on Dec. 2, 2009 at 12:16 PM

DH's favorite chicken and rice:

1 1/4 cup rice spread on the bottom of a 9x13 pan

put chicken on top of rice (we use chicken thighs)

Mix 1 can cream of mushroom soup, 1 can cream of chicken soup, 1/4 cup milk, some pepper and pour over chicken and rice.

Bake covered at 325 degrees for 2.5 hours.  It takes a while to bake, but it's easy and delicious.

rogerstammy
by on Dec. 2, 2009 at 12:33 PM

This is an awesome recipe.... it is tastes like a dish from an expensive Italian restaurant. You can change the flavor up a bit by adding or changing spices. I do recommend keeping the curry in all dishes though.

Almond Chicken   350 degrees 

13x9 baking dish

4-6 boneless chicken breasts

1 stick of butter melted plus 3 tbs butter (you will melt this later)

1/3 cup bread crumbs

1 tbs curry

1 tbs paprika

1 tbs garlic powder

large container of whipping cream ( the stuff you get in the milk section that you have to whip up.. you won't be whipping this up)

1/3 cup of sliced almonds

1/2 cup flour

Your favorite type of pasta cooked

Put your spices in melted butter and have butter in a shallow bowl and flour in shallow bowl. Take breasts and dip in melted butter w/spices then coat with flour and set in 13x9 baking dish. Do this all the chicken breasts.. Then take any butter you have left over from dipping and poor into dish. Pour whipping cream over dish and put in oven. Bake for 50 minutes

(optional)

Take bread crumbs and 3tbs of melted butter and mix. Spread over chicken. Sprinkle almonds over chicken and bake for another 10 minutes.

Put your favorite pasta on a plate, then piece of chicken then spoon sauce over both... enjoy!!!

Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Free Sign
laura7485
by on Dec. 2, 2009 at 1:19 PM

Fantastic Ideas!!! Thank you all so much!!

Momof5Teens67
by on Dec. 3, 2009 at 1:41 PM

apronI turned into a vegetarian 2 yrs ago because my heart could no longer bear to eat anyone w/ a face, feelings, heart, soul or family.

BUT when I want a recipe for something new in whatever food group I need, I type it in my browser or in google and lots of free recipe sites pop up. Just type chicken recipes in your browser or in google. You'll end up with more recipes than what you know what to do with LOL AND what I like even more is that they often have star ratings and reviews by other cooks who made the recipe and tried it. I find that part immensely helpful! I hope this helps.

FANCY but EASY:

MY personal favorite chicken recipe I use to make (I dont have the actual recipe anymore ) but it was basically cooked chicken breast cup up into bite size pieces and then mixing it up in a frying pan with some white cooking sherry, heavy cream, cut up granny smith apples, SWEET onions cut up into small pieces, salt to taste and shredded swiss cheese and then served over rice that was boiled in chicken broth. Great company or holiday recipe.

CHEAP,EASY FAST & KIDS CAN HELP:

An easy one my kids make and love is they either cut up chicken breast and brown it in a pan OR use chicken breast from a can and heat it up in a frying pan with flavored  cream cheese, either the chive flavor OR the pineapple flavor and then they take crescent roll dough from the can and use it as a filling in them and rolls them up and bakes them in the oven. Their friends love these too. Fast and cheap and easy.

Bekah062205
by on Dec. 3, 2009 at 1:53 PM

i like buying half breast chicken  season it with McCormicks Chicken Seasoning and just bake until done..its so good and juicy.I really enjoyed boneless skinless chicken until i baked a skinless bone in breast and omgosh it was so much better.

If you like hot sauce, you can get the drumettes, bake them until done, in a pot add some Franks Red Hot Sauce, some butter, some black pepper, a little bit of garlic powder and heat up until hot. once the chicken is done put chicken in a bowl with the hot sauce and mix to coat....really yummy(usually you would fry the chicken for this recipe, but i dont fry foods, so i bake them and its just as good).

You can bake a chicken, eat off it for dinner one night with some sides, and then the next night you can make chicken enchiladas, or chicken burritos.

Chicken Stirfry. We buy the frozen stir fry mix/lo mein and just add cooked chicken....simple and yummy

chicken pot pie. There are tons of recipes out there I use the one called Hurry Up Chicken Pot Pie by Paula Deen.

but i omit the egg and the butter, i replace the butter with Pam since your just using it for the top of the "pie"

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)