Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

Chicken is really the only meat we eat in our house, so I need some new chicken ideas. PLEASE! Lol Any idea is greatly appreciated

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 2:28 PM
Replies (11-15):
PatCarMom
by on Dec. 3, 2009 at 11:25 PM

Chicken Florentine 

• 1 chicken breast for every 2 people 1 box frozen chopped spinach
  • sliced mushrooms
  • chopped onion
  • 1/2 & 1/2 or whipping cream
  • 4 oz cream cheese

Season chicken with salt, pepper, and garlic. Saute your chicken in a pan with a bit of olive oil. Remove to cool and slice it thin. While it is cooking chop up one onion pretty small and slice some mushrooms. Add these to the drippings in the pan and saute until tender. Run the spinach under warm water to thaw and then squeeze most of the moisture out of it. Add it to the pan. Add the chicken back and slowly stir in the cream cheese and 1/2 and 1/2. Let it simmer until the cream is thick. Serve over a bed of brown rice.

rogerstammy
by on Dec. 4, 2009 at 8:53 AM

This looks yummy. How much 1/2 &1/2 do you need?

Quoting PatCarMom:

Chicken Florentine 

• sliced mushrooms
  • chopped onion
  • 4 oz cream cheese

Season chicken with salt, pepper, and garlic. Saute your chicken in a pan with a bit of olive oil. Remove to cool and slice it thin. While it is cooking chop up one onion pretty small and slice some mushrooms. Add these to the drippings in the pan and saute until tender. Run the spinach under warm water to thaw and then squeeze most of the moisture out of it. Add it to the pan. Add the chicken back and slowly stir in the cream cheese and 1/2 and 1/2. Let it simmer until the cream is thick. Serve over a bed of brown rice.

Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Free Sign
PatCarMom
by on Dec. 4, 2009 at 12:21 PM

Quoting rogerstammy:

Quoting PatCarMom:

Chicken Florentine 

• sliced mushrooms
  • chopped onion
  • 4 oz cream cheese

Enough to make it as creamy as you like, I would say about 1 cup to 1 & 1/2 cups.

laura7485
by on Dec. 4, 2009 at 1:28 PM

I'm definitely trying this one tonight, I already have all of those ingredients. Thanks again to all who have helped!

Quoting PatCarMom:

Quoting rogerstammy:

Quoting PatCarMom:

Chicken Florentine 

• sliced mushrooms
  • chopped onion
  • 4 oz cream cheese

Enough to make it as creamy as you like, I would say about 1 cup to 1 & 1/2 cups.

table4six
by on Dec. 5, 2009 at 2:19 PM

Thanks for posting this, I needed some new chicken recipes!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)