Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

What's your staple recipe?

Posted by on Dec. 2, 2009 at 9:22 PM
  • 4 Replies

I was just curious about everyone's staple recipe.  What one do you seem to do every week or so?  Sometimes I feel like I"m in a rut making what I know the kids will eat.  Our dd is on a VERY strict diet and can't have a lot of things, so this makes it even harder.  So do you have any great ones to share? :)

by on Dec. 2, 2009 at 9:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
bergencounty
by Member on Dec. 2, 2009 at 11:56 PM

A staple for our get togethers is KNORR's spinach dip with veggies. always a crowd favorite.   I serve mine in a pumpernickle round.

makes 4 cups dip

PREP TIME: 10 Minute(s)
CHILL TIME: 2 Hour(s)
INGREDIENTS
1 package (10 oz.) baby spinach, chopped  or 1 package (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
1 container (16 oz.) sour cream
1 cup Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise
1 package Knorr® Vegetable recipe mix
1 can (8 oz.) water chestnuts, drained and chopped (optional)
3 green onions, chopped (optional)

Combine all ingredients and chill about 2 hours. Serve with your favorite dippers to your favorite people.

rkoloms
by on Dec. 3, 2009 at 11:07 AM

I serve this it over broccoli (and I make double the sauce).

Pasta and Tofu with Finger-Licking Peanut Sauce
1/2 cup low or no sodium vegetable broth
1/4 cup chunky peanut butter (I use smooth)
1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
3 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
2 teaspoons chile paste with garlic (add to taste, it is pretty spicey)
4 garlic cloves, minced
8 ounces uncooked whole wheat angel hair
1 pound firm tofu, drained and cubed (optional)
1 cup (2-inch) sliced green onions
1 cup shredded carrot
Combine first 8 ingredients in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat 5 minutes or until smooth, stirring frequently (this can also be done in the microwave; use a tempered glass bowl, like pyrex, cook for 20 seconds, stir, repeat until smooth). Remove from heat. Cook pasta in boiling water 8 minutes, omitting salt and fat. Add tofu, onions, and carrot; drain. Place pasta mixture in a large bowl. Add peanut butter mixture; toss gently.

Robin in Chicago

Plus-size-mommy
by New Member on Dec. 4, 2009 at 11:04 AM

My staples are nothing impressive we usually do a spaghetti and a chili, it's quick and easy, these are our go to meals! Sorry I couldn't be more help!

MomToBeISaMom
by on Dec. 4, 2009 at 12:12 PM

We keep a bottle of Panda Garden Asian sauce, chicken breasts, onions, and peppers, saute them all together, and serve it over rice.  Quick, easy, and inexpensive.

Chicken thighs, rice, cream of mushroom, cream of chicken, and milk.  Put rice on bottom of 9x13 pan, top with chicken, mix remaining ingredients and pour on top.  Sprinkle a package of onion soup mix over the top.  Bake at 325 for 2.5 hours.

Beef cut into 1 inch pieces, package of onion soup mix (or a veggie soup mix works), cream of mushroom soup, and some milk in a crock pot.  Serve over noodles or rice with veggie of choice on the side.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN