Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

Need a lasagna recipe please

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2009 at 10:03 PM
  • 3 Replies

I am wanting to make a homemaid lasagna tomorrow and i have never found a recipe i really like,can some of you give me your best recipe i really want one with ricoti chesse in it , thank you!

by on Dec. 4, 2009 at 10:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Lb128f
by on Dec. 4, 2009 at 10:21 PM

You don't even have to boil the noodles! :-)

http://www.cafemom.com/group/107096/forums/read/10111915/NO_Boil_Lasagna_Easy

• 2 containers (15 oz. ea.) ricotta cheese
  • 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (about 8 oz.)
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 jars (1 lb. 10 oz. ea.) Ragu® Old World Style® Pasta Sauce
  • 12 uncooked lasagna noodles
  1. Preheat oven to 375°. Combine ricotta cheese, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese and eggs in bowl.
  2. Spread 1 cup Pasta Sauce in 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Layer 4 uncooked noodles, then 1 cup Sauce and 1/2 of the ricotta mixture; repeat. Top with remaining 4 uncooked noodles and 2 cups Sauce. Reserve remaining sauce. Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake 1 hour.
  3. Remove foil and sprinkle with remaining cheeses. Bake uncovered an additional 10 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Serve with remaining Sauce, heated.

And...if you want to make your own sauce:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Worlds-Best-Lasagna/Detail.aspx

bergencounty
by Member on Dec. 4, 2009 at 11:42 PM

Ingredients:

• 1 pound sweet Italian sausage
  • 3/4 pound lean ground beef
  • 1/2 cup minced onion
  • 2 cloves garlic, crushed
  • 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
  • 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
  • 2  jars of RAGU
  • 2 tablespoons white sugar
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
  • 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
  • 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
  • 1 tablespoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
  • 12 lasagna noodles
  • 16 ounces ricotta cheese
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 3/4 pound mozzarella cheese, sliced
  • 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  •  

Directions:

1. In a Dutch oven, cook sausage, ground beef, onion, and garlic over medium heat until well browned. Stir in crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, and RAGU. Season with sugar, basil, fennel seeds, Italian seasoning, 1 tablespoon salt, pepper, and 2 tablespoons parsley. Simmer, covered, for about 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.
    2. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook lasagna noodles in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes. Drain noodles, and rinse with cold water. In a mixing bowl, combine ricotta cheese with egg, remaining parsley, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
    3. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
    4. To assemble, spread 1 1/2 cups of meat sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish. Arrange 6 noodles lengthwise over meat sauce. Spread with one half of the ricotta cheese mixture. Top with a third of mozzarella cheese slices. Spoon 1 1/2 cups meat sauce over mozzarella, and sprinkle with 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Repeat layers, and top with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Cover with foil: to prevent sticking, either spray foil with cooking spray, or make sure the foil does not touch the cheese.
    5. Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes. Remove foil, and bake an additional 25 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes before serving.
    tretresmom
    by on Dec. 5, 2009 at 8:49 AM

These sound yummy 

Add your quick reply below:
    You must be a member to reply to this post.
    Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
    Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)