Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

tater tot casserole

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:33 AM
  • 16 Replies

TATER TOT CASSEROLE
CORNBREAD

Tater Tot Casserole:

1/2 pound ground beef
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
10 3/4 fluid ounces skim milk
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1 (14.5 ounce) can French style green beans
1/2 (32 ounce) package tater tots

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). In a large skillet over high heat, brown the ground beef and drain fat. Stir in condensed cream of mushroom soup, skim milk, garlic salt and green beans. Pour the mixture into a medium-sized casserole dish and layer with the tater tots. Bake in preheated oven for about 30 minutes, or until tater tots are browned and crispy.

Cornbread:

1 1/2 cups cornmeal
2 1/2 cups milk
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1/2 cup vegetable oil

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). In a small bowl, combine corn meal and milk; let stand for 5 minutes. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Mix in the cornmeal mixture, eggs and oil until smooth. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center of the cornbread comes out clean.

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KBix
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:06 AM

i know i probably will sound pretty dumb but oh well, what can on cream of soup can i use to substitute the mushrooms? I am allergic to them so i always seem to avoid most receipes. Any ideas on which one i can use so that it wont completely mess us the dish?

singlemomof2nok
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:16 AM

Quoting KBix:

i know i probably will sound pretty dumb but oh well, what can on cream of soup can i use to substitute the mushrooms? I am allergic to them so i always seem to avoid most receipes. Any ideas on which one i can use so that it wont completely mess us the dish?

You know, I am not really for sure.  I would look and see which of the cream soups appeals to you.  I believe they have a cream of potato or cream of broccoli that might not be to bad, but I don't really know for sure.  Sorry I am not much help.

bhwrn1
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:09 PM

This sounds good but my oldest son and DH would never eat it b/c of the green beans :( Wonder if I could use something else. 

Lilypie

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, REPURPOSE...

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

singlemomof2nok
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:15 PM

Quoting bhwrn1:

This sounds good but my oldest son and DH would never eat it b/c of the green beans :( Wonder if I could use something else. 

I have a friend that substitutes broccoli instead.

CrazedMomof2
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:49 PM

They have a cream of chicken and cream of celery. I use these as substituions and can rarely taste a difference!

*Sandra* Mom of 2
*Ask me about my custom made breastfeeding covers!!!*

single_and_preg
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:51 PM

wow and i love tator tots!

KBix
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:23 PM

oh ok. and would the cream of chicken also work for grean bean casserole too?

Quoting CrazedMomof2:

They have a cream of chicken and cream of celery. I use these as substituions and can rarely taste a difference!

ProudSingleMum
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:20 PM

Oh that casserole sounds SOOO good!

Bmat
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:22 PM

Quoting singlemomof2nok:

Quoting bhwrn1:

I have a friend that substitutes broccoli instead.

I've also substituted mixed vegetables, so I'd say whatever vegetable you want. carrots, corn, limas, whatever you eat.

Join us onAdvice for Moms - - Group Mod

Bmat
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:22 PM

Thank you for these great recipes!

Join us onAdvice for Moms - - Group Mod

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)