• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you have a back up meal?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:47 AM
  • 10 Replies

For your kiddos when they refuse to eat what you are having?

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kmrtigger
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:39 AM

Not really, b/c my kids will 9/10 eat what is made. They might not eat everything on the plate but they eat enough to never need a back up meal. 

SMLemos
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:42 AM

They eat what I make pretty much.  Now if I make something I know for a fact they do not like, For instance my son does not like anything spicy so if I want something spicy I know I need to make him something else to eat. 

balagan_imma
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:48 AM

My youngest child is a strangely picky eater. He will not eat cheese, pasta or eggs (except in something like french toast.) Oh, and no tortillas.

I always have to have a back up for him because you never know exactly what the child will eat. I always have soy nuggets and tofu dogs available if he turns his nose up at what I have made. Like last night he was willing to try the posole, but it was too spicy. Out came the soy nuggets. Luckily, he has never met a veggie or fruit that he hasn't enjoyed.

KBix
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:49 AM

I dont really have a back up meal. My son eats mostly vegetables so i put meat on his plate but usually up his amounts of sides and he drinks pedisure with dinner.

CrazedMomof2
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:47 PM

Yup. Its called breakfast. The next day LOL

*Sandra* Mom of 2
*Ask me about my custom made breastfeeding covers!!!*

single_and_preg
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:53 PM

yes, beeferoni, mac & cheese, gerber meals etc.

MommaClark3
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:54 PM

My husband eats foods my kids won't, so yes, I have back up meals for the kids... why make them eat something spicy that make sweat drip from my pores??? Hahaha

We also if they'd never eaten it have... "no thank you bites". You have to at least taste it before you can say you don't like it...

MommaClark3
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:54 PM

Quoting CrazedMomof2:

Yup. Its called breakfast. The next day LOL

Hahaha... my mom used to do that to me!

ProudSingleMum
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:30 PM

He eats what I make or nothing. But we don't have any issues...he is a VERY good eater!

rkoloms
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 9:53 AM

We use the 3 bite rule. You must try 3 bites of what is on your plate; if you don't like it, you fix yourself peanut butter and honey on whole grain toast with a kiwi or apple. Even my husband is expected to follow the rule.

Robin in Chicago

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)