Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Chicken Pot Pie Bundles (comfort foods)

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 6:46 PM
  • 6 Replies

Chicken Pot Pie Bundles:

Makes 6 Servings

Ingredients

• 2 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
  • 2 medium carrots, peeled and cut into 1/4″-inch pieces (about 1 cup)
  • 1 small onion, finely chopped (about 1/2 cup)
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
  • 2 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon
  • 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
  • Pinch of black pepper
  • 1 cup all-natural chicken broth
  • 4 teaspoons cornstarch
  • 3/4 cup frozen petite peas, thawed
  • 3/4 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
  • 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
  • 12 egg roll wraps (NOT the smaller wonton wrappers)

Directions

1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
  2. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the carrots and onion and cook, stirring frequently, until the vegetables soften, about 5 minutes. Add 1 more tablespoon of oil and the garlic, and cook 1 minute more. Add the chicken, tarragon, salt, and pepper. Cook until the chicken is no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
  3. Meanwhile, in a bowl, whisk together the chicken broth and cornstarch until well combined. Add to the skillet, along with the peas and corn, and bring to a simmer, stirring constantly. Continue to simmer and stir gently until the sauce thickens, about 2 minutes.
  4. To prepare the bundles, use a nonstick muffin pan with 12 medium-size cups. Gently place 1 egg roll wrapper into each cup, letting it extend over the sides. Place a generous 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture into each wrapper. Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese evenly on top. Bring the corners up and over the top of the filling, pressing and folding to seal the edges together (it doesn’t have to be perfect!). Brush the remaining oil on top of each bundle.
  5. Bake until golden, about 15 minutes. Let cool 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 6:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Bmat
by on Feb. 21, 2010 at 8:42 AM

Thank you for the recipe. I like the look of the recipe, and I am thinking that any stew-like recipe would work to put in the egg roll wrappers. I've never used egg-roll wrappers. I'm not sure where to find them but will look in the frozen food section.

KnitWit0686
by on Feb. 22, 2010 at 12:02 PM

Thanks for this...I love chicken pot pie...but I hate the frozen ones from the store..so thank you very much...

bhwrn1
by on Feb. 22, 2010 at 2:42 PM

Yummy!

AM-BRAT
by on Feb. 22, 2010 at 3:41 PM

Oh my do those look good! A PITA, but good!

AM-BRAT
by on Feb. 22, 2010 at 3:41 PM

Thanks!

CreativeEdge
by on Feb. 23, 2010 at 12:46 PM

Quoting Bmat:

Thank you for the recipe. I like the look of the recipe, and I am thinking that any stew-like recipe would work to put in the egg roll wrappers. I've never used egg-roll wrappers. I'm not sure where to find them but will look in the frozen food section.

You can sometimes find them in the produce section in the grocery store with the pre-cut, prepackaged fruit and veggies. That is where I am able to find my egg-roll wrappers.

This recipe looks delicious and I am definitely going to have to try it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)