• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

6 kids and 3 adults

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:18 PM
  • 13 Replies

What would be quick yummy and that would feel my whole family! or is there anything? lol

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mammaof3girls
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:42 PM
There are lots of things! What exactly are you looking for?
Here's a chicken and pasta dish I make that has leftovers and is fairly inexpensive, plus will feed at least 10 people, its also very fiber, protein and veggie loaded.

You will need:
1lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
1 box penne, plus half another box, cooked
1 bottle garlic and herb marinade
2 red bell peppers and one orange
3 yellow squash
1 1/2 bags frozen broccoli florets.
2tsp Red pepper flakes
Parm cheese
Oil

In a bowl, add cubed chicken and marinade, for about 30 minutes, even an hour would be good. I've done it for 15 min before. Meanwhile, slice peppers and cube squash. Set out the broccoli to defrost.
After its done marinating, heat 2 tbsp oil in large skillet. Add peppers, sauteeing for about 10 minutes, then add chicken. Brown chicken, then add squash and broccoli and red pepper flakes, sauteeing until chicken is thoroughly cooked and squash and broccoli are soft. Add a couple tbsp of parmesan chesse, mix up and add to cooked and drained penne, stir well.
Serve with a spinach salad if you want an added filler.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mama2Becks
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:34 PM

Macaroni and Cheese! Always a big hit at our house!

I have been making my mom's homemade macaroni and cheese for years, and it's super yummy! The secret is to only boil your noodles for about half the time, so they're not already cooked when they go into the oven, and cover your casserole dish in homemade bread crumbs, or even store-bought ones. That keeps the noodle tops from drying out.

I put about a half cup butter, 3 tablespoons minced garlic, onion salt and black pepper into a sauce pan, stir in enough flour to make it the consistency of wet sand {making a roux} then add either half and half, whipping cream, or whole milk, and let it simmer gently until the roux has incorporated through the milk. {You'll want enough sauce to cover the noodles, but you want it fairly thin.} At this point, it should be pretty smooth, if not, run it through a sieve or cheesecloth to get the clumps out. Then you'll add parsley, about a tablespoon and about 2 teaspoons of paprika, and taste it, make sure you don't need more salt {you can even add garlic salt, even though it already has the garlic in it} Then add lots of sharp cheddar cheese {or whichever kind you and your family like the best} stirring it until melted, turn off the heat, stir in the almost-cooked noodles and pour into a greased casserole dish. Top with bread crumbs that have been browned in butter in a frying pan. Bake for 20 - 40 minutes @ 350 until hot and bubbling. :) Enjoy! My son loves it! He laughs, because it's the "white" macaroni and cheese and it's not his favorite "orange" macaroni and cheese.

sweet_bumblbee
by Silver Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:44 PM

I know we love spaghetti and we do it different ways. Plus I buy the meatballs &  sauce at the store and the kids love it in a sandwich subway style with cheese.

extremecheer
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 9:16 AM

BUMP!

extremecheer
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 9:18 AM

Im gonna make tacos tonight its only 3 adults. ahh no kids this doesnt happen very often!

sloppyjoes also is a easy make!

speghetti is a good one and easy!

STILL NEED A FEW MORE IDEAS!

Serenity75
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 1:44 PM

That sounds REALLY good.  I've tried a few mac&cheese recipes, but I have yet to find one that I love.  This one might be the one!  lol.  I like the cook the noodle half-way tip, that's one I've never tried.  Thanks!

Quoting Mama2Becks:

Macaroni and Cheese! Always a big hit at our house!

I have been making my mom's homemade macaroni and cheese for years, and it's super yummy! The secret is to only boil your noodles for about half the time, so they're not already cooked when they go into the oven, and cover your casserole dish in homemade bread crumbs, or even store-bought ones. That keeps the noodle tops from drying out.

I put about a half cup butter, 3 tablespoons minced garlic, onion salt and black pepper into a sauce pan, stir in enough flour to make it the consistency of wet sand {making a roux} then add either half and half, whipping cream, or whole milk, and let it simmer gently until the roux has incorporated through the milk. {You'll want enough sauce to cover the noodles, but you want it fairly thin.} At this point, it should be pretty smooth, if not, run it through a sieve or cheesecloth to get the clumps out. Then you'll add parsley, about a tablespoon and about 2 teaspoons of paprika, and taste it, make sure you don't need more salt {you can even add garlic salt, even though it already has the garlic in it} Then add lots of sharp cheddar cheese {or whichever kind you and your family like the best} stirring it until melted, turn off the heat, stir in the almost-cooked noodles and pour into a greased casserole dish. Top with bread crumbs that have been browned in butter in a frying pan. Bake for 20 - 40 minutes @ 350 until hot and bubbling. :) Enjoy! My son loves it! He laughs, because it's the "white" macaroni and cheese and it's not his favorite "orange" macaroni and cheese.

extremecheer
by on Apr. 24, 2011 at 5:45 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KaylaMillar
by on Apr. 24, 2011 at 9:06 PM

tacos, spaghetti, bbq roast, lasagna!

KamsOne
by on Apr. 24, 2011 at 10:07 PM
Pasta lasagna

INGREDIENTS
1 lb penne pasta
1 lb ground beef
1 clove garlic, chopped
2 tbs italian seasoning
1 small onion, chopped
2 26z jars pasta sauce
1 15z container ricotta cheese
1 lb shredded mozzarella cheese (divided)
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
2 eggs, beaten

DIRECTIONS
1. Preheat oven to 350.  Grease a 13x9 baking dish.
2. Prepare pasta as directed until al dente.
3. In large skillet, add beef, garlic, onion and italian seasoning.  Cook until brown.  Drain well.  Stir in pasta sauce.
4. In bowl combine ricotta cheese, half of the mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese and eggs.  Stir until well combined.
5. In the prepared baking dish layer 1/3 pasta, 1/3 cheese mixture and 1/3 of the sauce.  Repeat twice.  Top with remaining mozzarella cheese.
6. Cover and bake 35-40 minutes until hot and bubbly.
periwinkle163
by on Apr. 25, 2011 at 11:51 AM

I'm going to have to try a few of these at home, they sound great!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)