Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

need a recipe for honey oat bars

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:24 PM
  • 5 Replies
My oldest daughter told me yesterday that she's getting hungry before lunch. I usually send her with a granola bar, nuts and fruit for a snack, I just pack it in her back pack, but I didn't have the extra money for a box of bars last week, so she's been going with just a bag of fruit and nuts. Obviously that bar was a big filler for her.
So, I'm thinking I can make a batch until I can buy a box. But, it has to be like those nature valley honey oat bars, the crunchy ones. Those are the ones she really likes.
Does anyone have a good recipe for one? I wouldn't mind recipes for other kinds, with fruit and nuts, but if you have one like that, I would appreciate it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mammaof3girls
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:52 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
usmom3
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:59 PM

dose she like oatmeal cookies? This is a good snack & it taste like an oatmeal cookie but better

Oatmeal Bars

Yields: 21

Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 sticks butter
  • 1 tablespoon maple or maple-flavored syrup
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
  • 2 cups quick-cooking or old-fashioned rolled oats
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1/4 cup chocolate chips or raisins (optional)
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9" x 13" baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.

2. Melt butter and syrup over low heat on stove top or in microwave.

3. In a large bowl, combine butter mixture, baking soda, and allspice; mix well and let cool.

4. Add rolled oats, flour, sugar, and chocolate chips or raisins, if desired; mix well. Press dough into baking dish.

5. Bake 15 minutes. Immediately cut into bars; let cool completely then cut again.
dntbgmeb4cofe
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:02 PM

Honey Oatmeal Bars Recipe

recipe is ready in 30-60 minutes Ready in: 30-60 minutes 
recipe difficulty 3/5 Difficulty:   3 (1=easiest :: hardest=5)

Serves/Makes:   16

Ingredients:
1/2 cup honey
1 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup margarine
1 tablespoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 1/2 cups uncooked oatmeal
1 package (12-ounce size) chocolate chips
2/3 cup peanut butter

Directions:

Beat together honey, sugar, margarine, vanilla and salt. Stir in oatmeal and half the chocolate chips. 

Press mixture into a 9 × 13-inch buttered baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes. 

Cool slightly. Melt remaining chips and peanut butter together and spread over top of bars. Cut into bars when cold and topping is set. 

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 397 Calories; 22g Fat (46.6% calories from fat); 7g Protein; 49g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 224mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 4 Fat; 2 Other Carbohydrates.

sweet_bumblbee
by Silver Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:40 PM

That doesn't seen hard to make. I wonder if my kiddos would like the honey oatmeal bar

mammaof3girls
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:39 PM
Can I omit the peanut butter and the chocolate chips?

Quoting dntbgmeb4cofe:

Honey Oatmeal Bars Recipe

recipe is ready in 30-60 minutes Ready in: 30-60 minutes 
recipe difficulty 3/5 Difficulty:   3 (1=easiest :: hardest=5)

Serves/Makes:   16

Ingredients:
1/2 cup honey
1 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup margarine
1 tablespoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 1/2 cups uncooked oatmeal
1 package (12-ounce size) chocolate chips
2/3 cup peanut butter

Directions:

Beat together honey, sugar, margarine, vanilla and salt. Stir in oatmeal and half the chocolate chips. 

Press mixture into a 9 × 13-inch buttered baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes. 

Cool slightly. Melt remaining chips and peanut butter together and spread over top of bars. Cut into bars when cold and topping is set. 

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 397 Calories; 22g Fat (46.6% calories from fat); 7g Protein; 49g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 224mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 4 Fat; 2 Other Carbohydrates.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)