Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pineapple upside cake

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:45 PM
  • 7 Replies

Does anyone know how to make? I want to make it this weekend.

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
momof3inTN
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:56 PM

Here's what I always do...

1-2 cans of sliced pineapple (drained, but reserve the juice)

cherries, halved

1/4 cup butter

1/2 cup brown sugar

1 yellow cake mix

Mix up the cake mix according to the package directions EXCEPT where it calls for the water, use the juice from the pineapples (you may need to add enough water for the required amount, I've never had to add water when using 2 cans of pineapple).

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Put a 13x9 pan in the oven with the butter. Allow the butter to melt. Once the butter is melted, add the brown sugar and stir together.

Lay the pineapple slices over the brown sugar in the pan. Put a halved cherry in the middle of each pineapple slice.

Pour the cake batter over top. Bake according to package directions.

Remove from the oven. Allow to sit for 5 minutes before flipping the cake out onto the platter.

Scuba
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:18 PM

That's a great recipe, momof3, it's the one my mom uses!! :)

nf1
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:19 PM

thank you! 

Quoting momof3inTN:

cherries, halved

1/4 cup butter

1/2 cup brown sugar

1 yellow cake mix

Mix up the cake mix according to the package directions EXCEPT where it calls for the water, use the juice from the pineapples (you may need to add enough water for the required amount, I've never had to add water when using 2 cans of pineapple).

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Put a 13x9 pan in the oven with the butter. Allow the butter to melt. Once the butter is melted, add the brown sugar and stir together.

Lay the pineapple slices over the brown sugar in the pan. Put a halved cherry in the middle of each pineapple slice.

Remove from the oven. Allow to sit for 5 minutes before flipping the cake out onto the platter.

momof3inTN
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:49 PM

It's the one recipe my MIL has passed on to me and it's the best! Love it!

It also works with canned peaches for a really nice peach upside down cake - my hubby's favorite. Hmmm... haven't made that one in awhile, maybe I should surprise him tomorrow night.

Quoting Scuba:

That's a great recipe, momof3, it's the one my mom uses!! :)

FLmomma2be
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:53 PM
I am trying this weekend, thanks:)

Quoting momof3inTN:

cherries, halved

1/4 cup butter

1/2 cup brown sugar

1 yellow cake mix

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
starlight1968
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:20 PM

well mine is very simple..

1 box yellow cake mix- I substitute the water needed w/the pineapple juice from the canned pineapple other than that follow the cake ingred/instructions..

1 can pineapple slices

1 jar cherries (maraschino)

1c brown sugar

4tbls spoons butter

I drop the butter/brown sugar in the bottom of the pan and put in oven while it's preheating, mix batter up take out pan, place pineapple slices in design I want, put cherries into centers of rings, carefully pour in batter then bake as instructions on box says for size of pan using.

sweet_bumblbee
by Silver Member on Sep. 29, 2010 at 12:35 AM

Thanks ladies

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)