Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

*~ Pork Roasts ~*

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2010 at 12:56 AM
  • 22 Replies

Savory Pork Roast

Savory Pork Roast Recipe

• 9-12 Servings
  • Prep: 5 min. Bake: 80 min. + standing

Ingredients

• 1 garlic clove, minced
  • 2 teaspoons dried marjoram
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
  • 1 boneless whole pork loin roast (4 pounds)

Directions

• Combine the seasonings; rub over roast. Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
  • Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 80 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 10-15 minutes before slicing. Yield: 9-12 servings (or 3-4 servings plus leftover).

Leftover: Italian Pork Hoagies

Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 188 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 240 mg sodium, trace carbohydrate, trace fiber, 29 g protein.

by on Nov. 4, 2010 at 12:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Scuba
by on Nov. 4, 2010 at 8:48 AM

The spices look good, have you tried this? Wondering if the pork would dry out?

MaMaLaLa369
by on Nov. 4, 2010 at 4:40 PM

Quoting Scuba:

The spices look good, have you tried this? Wondering if the pork would dry out?

i wonder too, cos a while back i read something that said pork loin shoudl be cooked at a real high temperature for less time than what's in ^that recipe. ever since i tried that, my pork loins have not come out dry liek they had been.

dntbgmeb4cofe
by on Nov. 5, 2010 at 11:32 PM

Yes I have, but when I make it I put some chicken broth in the pan.  I didn't put that there sorry.  

dntbgmeb4cofe
by on Nov. 12, 2010 at 11:18 PM

• elvishprncss
  • by   on Nov. 7, 2009 at 11:36 PM
  • My favorite is Pulled BBQ Pork Sandwiches.  Super easy.

Slice medium onion and lay it in the bottom of the crock pot.  Place pork roast on top (size depends on how many you are cooking for).  In a separate bowl, mix an 18 oz (or larger if you have a big roast) bottle of your fave bbq sauce with 1/4 cup brown sugar.  Pour over roast.  Cook on low for 8 hours.  When it's done cooking, remove roast, shred with 2 forks, then return to sauce.  Serve on your choice of buns.

There are variations to this recipe, also.  First of all, if you run out of buns, it's really yummy wrapped up in a tortilla.  Second, there's other stuff you can add to the crock pot when you cook it.  I wrote it as I do it.  There's a ton of stuff that I leave out of the original recipe cause I don't like them.  The original recipe called for green peppers, sliced and added with the onion.  It also called for seasoning the meat with salt, pepper, and cumin.  Honestly, it's super flavorful as is, but feel free to add what you like.  Oh, you can also do it with a beef roast for yummy shredded bbq beef sandwiches.

SweetLuci
by Luci on Jan. 18, 2011 at 9:23 PM

Didn't know where to put this recipe for Ribs

Oven Baked Ribs

2 pounds pork baby back ribs

1 (18 ounce) bottle barbecue sauce

Tear off 4 pieces of aluminum foil big enough to enclose each portion of ribs. Spray each piece of foil with vegetable cooking spray. Brush the ribs liberally with barbeque sauce and place each portion in its own piece of foil. Wrap tightly and refrigerate for at least 8 hours, or overnight.

Preheat oven to 300 degrees .

Bake ribs wrapped tightly in the foil at 300 degrees  for 2 1/2 hours. Remove from foil and add more sauce, if desired.

Serenity75
by on Jan. 19, 2011 at 6:37 PM

MARINATED LOIN OF PORK

January 19th, 2011

2 lb. pork loin, trimmed

1 can light beer

1/2 c. apple juice

1 1/2 tsp. thyme

1 tbsp. brown sugar

1/2 tsp. black pepper

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a shaker container or plastic bag, add all ingredients, shake to mix well and pour mixture over pork in pan. Cover and marinate for 30 minutes in refrigerator. Drain and save marinade, roast for 20 minutes at 400 degrees F. Reduce heat to 325 and roast for 1 ½ hours, basting meat every 30 minutes. Pork is done when the internal thermometer reads 170 degrees F. Allow to cool for 20 minutes and slice it up!

dntbgmeb4cofe
by on Jan. 20, 2011 at 2:32 PM

• Undomesticated
  • by   on Jan. 17, 2011 at 4:55 PM
  • Brown Sugar Glazed Pork

Ingredients:

1/4 cup Worchestershire sauce

2 Tbl Brown sugar

1 1/4 lb pork tenderloin

kosher salt and pepper

Directions:

1.  Heat grill to medium high.  In a small bowl mix worchestershire sauce and brown sugar

2.  Season pork with salt and pepper

3.  Grill pork, turning often, about 20 to 25 minutes.  Brush with Worchestershire mix during last 5 minutes

dntbgmeb4cofe
by on Apr. 29, 2011 at 7:10 AM

mmm pork tenderloin

acaisha
Posted by 
 on Apr. 27, 2011 at 10:49 PM 
Group Mod - Mel

Made this really good marinade tonight for the pork

It was

Dijon mustard - about 1/4 cup

2-3 tablespoons soya sauce

2-3 tabelespoons apple cider vinager

1 tablespoon black pepper

3 tablespoons honey

1 teaspoon powdered ginger

Smeared it on the tenderloin (we had two) and let it marinade for a few hours in the fridge

Put it on the BBQ on the top rack just until it firmed up to touch. It was soooo good! 

Now it is such a bizarrely improbably coincidence that anything so mindbogglingly useful [the Babel fish] could have evolved by chance that some thinkers have chosen to see it as a final and clinching proof of the non-existence of God.
     The argument goes something like this: "I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing."
     "But," says Man, "the Babel fish is a dead giveaway isn't it? It could not have evolved by chance. It proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't. QED"
     "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanishes in a puff of logic.

KaylaMillar
by Kayla on Apr. 29, 2011 at 8:48 AM

Dh made this for last mothers day and it was great!

Rosemary Roasted Pork

ingredients

• 1 cup chopped fresh fennel and leaves
  • 3 to 4 teaspoons snipped fresh rosemary
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 3 pounds boneless pork top loin roast (double loin, tied)
  • 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
  • 1/2 cup carrot, chopped
  • 1/2 cup coarsely chopped onion
  • 1/4 cup chopped celery
  • 2-1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth

directions

1. Preheat oven to 450 degree F. In a food processor, combine fennel, snipped rosemary, garlic, salt, pepper, and 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Cover and process to make a chunky paste.
  2. Untie roast. Spread half of the fennel mixture on the inside of the loin. Roll tightly and tie with 100-percent-cotton kitchen string. Thread the 2 sprigs of rosemary through the ties on either side of the roast. Make holes in the top and sides of the roast with a skewer; brush remaining 1 tablespoon oil over the roast. Spread remaining fennel mixture over the roast. Place roast on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
  3. Roast in the preheated oven, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Turn oven temperature down to 400 degree F; drain fat from the pan and place the vegetables around the roast. Roast for 15 minutes more. Add broth to pan. Roast 50 to 60 minutes more or until a meat thermometer registers 155 degree F, pouring broth over meat a little at a time every 15 to 20 minutes.
  4. Remove the roast to a platter; cover with foil and let stand 15 minutes before carving. Pass vegetables and pan juices through a sieve or food mill. Skim fat and cook sauce over medium heat a few minutes if it is too thin. Season with salt and pepper, if needed, and serve with the sliced roast. Makes 8 servings
SweetLuci
by Luci on Apr. 29, 2011 at 2:58 PM

The Lady and Son's Smoked Boston Butt Roast

Recipe courtesy Paula DeenShow: Paula's Home CookingEpisode:

A Southern BBQ

1 (5-pound) pork butt roast
4 tablespoons House Seasoning, recipe follows
2 tablespoons seasoned salt
4 tablespoons liquid smoke, found in grocery store
1 medium onion, sliced
1 cup water
3 bay leaves
Barbeque sauce of choice, for serving Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Sprinkle 1 side of the roast with 2 tablespoons of the House Seasoning, making sure to rub well. Flip the roast over and rub the remaining 2 tablespoons of House Seasoning. Repeat the process with the seasoned salt and liquid smoke. Place the roast in a large roasting pan. Add the onion, water and bay leaves to the roast. Place in the oven and cook for 2 1/2 to 3 hours, or until thermometer reads 170 degrees F. Let meat cool for a few minutes and then slice. Serve with your favorite barbeque sauce. House Seasoning:
1 cup salt
1/4 cup black pepper
1/4 cup garlic powder Mix ingredients together and store in an airtight container for up to 6 months.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)