- 6 Servings
- Prep: 5 min. + marinating Cook: 35 min.
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 3 cups white vinegar
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon pickling spice
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 8 whole cloves
- 1 rabbit (2-1/2 pound), skinned, cut into serving-size pieces
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 to 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup (about 8 ounces) sour cream
- In a large nonmetallic bowl, combine onion, vinegar, water and seasonings. Add rabbit pieces; cover and refrigerate for 48 hours, turning occasionally.
- Remove meat; strain and reserve marinade. Dry meat well; coat lightly with flour. In a skillet, melt butter; brown meat well. Gradually add 2 to 2-1/2 cups reserved marinade. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until tender, about 30 minutes.
- Remove meat to a warm platter. Add sour cream to pan juices; stir just until heated through. Spoon over the meat and serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.