- 4 Servings
- Ready In Time 35 minutes
- 8 oz. angel hair pasta, freshly cooked according to package directions
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 to 1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 (8 oz.) container fresh mozzarella cheese, drained, sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, torn into small pieces
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Place freshly cooked pasta in a large bowl; set aside.
- Heat olive oil in medium skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic and crushed red pepper flakes; cook and stir 1 minute. Add drained tomatoes and green onions; sprinkle with salt.
- Cook and stir until just heated through, about 3 minutes. Toss the hot cooked angel hair pasta with tomato mixture.
- Add the sliced fresh mozzarella cheese and torn basil leaves; toss to mix. Divide pasta between 4 dinner plates. Serve immediately with grated Parmesan cheese. Yield: 4 servings.