Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes for Busy Moms Recipes for Busy Moms

*~ Potatoes ~*

Posted by on Nov. 6, 2010 at 12:31 AM
  • 52 Replies
1 mom liked this

Paprika Potatoes

Paprika Potatoes Recipe

• 4-6 Servings
  • Prep/Total Time: 30 min.

Ingredients

• 4 large potatoes, peeled, cooked and quartered
  • 3 tablespoons butter
  • 1/2 teaspoon paprika

Directions

• In a large skillet, slowly saute potatoes in butter until golden brown, about 10-15 minutes. Sprinkle with paprika. Yield: 4-6 servings.

Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 245 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 73 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 5 g protein.

by on Nov. 6, 2010 at 12:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dntbgmeb4cofe
by on Nov. 8, 2010 at 6:48 PM

Bacon and Cheddar Mashed Potatoes

Ingredients

• 1-1/2 lb. potatoes (about 4 medium potatoes), unpeeled and quartered
  • 1/2 C. Miracle Whip dressing
  • 4 slices bacon, crisply cooked and crumbled
  • 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 1/8 tsp. pepper
  • 1/2 C. shredded mild cheddar cheese

Directions

Cover potatoes with water in large saucepan. Bring to boil; reduce heat to medium. Cook 20 minutes or until tender. Drain. Mash potatoes. Add dressing, bacon, garlic powder, salt and pepper; beat until fluffy. Stir in cheese.

dntbgmeb4cofe
by on Nov. 8, 2010 at 6:49 PM

Darn Good Mashed Taters

Ingredients

• 5 lb. baking potatoes, peeled and cubed
  • 2 tsp. garlic powder
  • 1 tsp. onion powder
  • 1 Tbs. sea salt
  • 1 tsp. ground black pepper
  • 1/2 C. softened butter
  • 1 C. heavy cream

Directions

Place the potatoes in a large Dutch oven, cover with  water and add the garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Bring the potatoes to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium and cook until tender, (15-20 minutes). Drain well. Place the drained potatoes in a large bowl, add butter and whip the potatoes with an electric  mixer until there are no lumps. Pour in the cream and continue whipping until the potatoes are fluffy.

dntbgmeb4cofe
by on Nov. 9, 2010 at 10:46 PM

Individual Potatoes Au Gratin

auroragold
Posted by   on Oct. 18, 2009 at 7:32 AM

Another one I like for ease of prep AND for storage of leftovers.  These little individual sizes are great for kids and, IMHO, there is little waste.

YOU NEED
-potatoes (whole, unpeeled)
-butter/margarine
-half-and-half
-cheese

I wash and pierce the potatoes and put in the microwave until they're just fork tender (not cooked as long as I would for a baked potato)

While they're cooking I use butter/margarine to grease muffin tins

When potatoes are cool enough to handle, I slice them into rounds

Place a potato round in the muffin tin, sprinkle with cheese, place another potato on top, then cheese. As many layers as will fit in the tin.

Pour a bit of half-and-half on top and pop in the oven (around 400 degrees for maybe 20-30 minutes) until browned.

You'll note the possibility for all kinds of yummy additions: scallions, bacon, sliced onion, broccoli (I blanch it first) - guess anything you want!

Enjoy!

You ne whole Medium Potatoes

• 1 stick Butter
  • 1 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
  • ½ cups Scallions, Chopped
  • 12 teaspoons Half-and-half
  • Salt And Pepper
    Bzimmer
    by on Nov. 9, 2010 at 10:57 PM

Looks delicous . I am gonna make this tomorrow.

dntbgmeb4cofe
    by on Nov. 9, 2010 at 11:48 PM

Southern Living Scalloped Potatoes

• PatCarMom
    • by   on Nov. 3, 2009 at 12:05 AM
    •  This is my favorite, it is in my Southern Living cookbook.

Southern Living Scalloped Potatoes

This cheesy favorite is from the 1987 Southern Living Cookbook.  

SERVES 8 

Ingredients

Directions

1. Melt the butter in a heavy saucepan over low heat; add flour, stirring until smooth. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Gradually add milk; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly. Stir in salt and pepper.
      2. Spoon 1/4 Cup white sauce into a greased 12- x 8- x 2-inch baking dish. Top with half each of potatoes, onions, remaining sauce, and cheese. Repeat layers using remaining potatoes, onions, and sauce. Cover and bake at 350º for 55 to 60 minutes or until tender. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake an additional 5 minutes. Yield: 8 servings.
        • Catrin2009
        • by   on Nov. 3, 2009 at 8:23 PM
        • I make them the way my Grandma tought me.

Peel and slice potatoes, rinse, layer in a casserole dish, one layer of potatoes, onions and cheese, until full. Once full add tons of cheese (or your liking) Also i use green onions.  Adding chopped chives on top of the cheese. Adding a little bit of milk. Use your own judgement. Put in the oven for about 45 mins.

I also do potatoes, onions, and cornflakes with cheese. I get bored and go to experimenting. 

dntbgmeb4cofe
    by on Nov. 12, 2010 at 10:59 PM

• MaMaLaLa369
    • by  on Nov. 4, 2009 at 3:38 PM
    • my hubby likes to tell me how much he loves me when i make theseparmesan potatoes :) he douses almost everything he eats with parmesan cheese anyway...

red potatoes, cut into bite-size pieces
      italian seasoning/ or original Mrs. Dash/ or tomato basil &garlic Mrs. Dash (my favorite!)
      parmesan cheese in the can
      REAL butter, maybe 3T per 3-4 servings
      olive oil

put cut-up potatoes in a large baggie (or big bowl- i just don't like having an extra dish to wash). put enough olive oil in there to coat the potatoes. add the seasoning and shake/stir to coat. melt the butter in a glass baking dish while the oven preheats to 350 (it's just 3 of us, so i use a pie dish, for more people you'd want the 13x9 inch dish). pour the potatoes into the pan. i am a little OCD, so i try to make sure cut sides are down so they get good and crunchy. then sprinkle with parmesan cheese- however much you like! bake for 30-40 minutes, until potatoes are done- easily pierced with a fork.

dntbgmeb4cofe
    by on Nov. 12, 2010 at 11:01 PM

• Mommy_To_Boo
    • by  on Nov. 6, 2009 at 11:36 AM
    • I make scalloped potatoes.  No recipe, I just toss it together.  I par boil the potatoes until they are just barely soft.  Meanwhile, I mix cheddar cheese soup with sour cream and milk just to a nice, slightly thick consistency.  I add salt, pepper, garlic powder and parsley to the mix.  I then layer potatoes, soup mix, shredded chedar until it's all used.  Bake at 375 for 45 mins to an hour.

Really good, everyone loves it!

dntbgmeb4cofe
    by on Nov. 12, 2010 at 11:01 PM

• Liansmommie
      • by  on Nov. 6, 2009 at 6:08 PM
      • irish nachos

Micro enough potatoes for your family until soft but not smooshy.

cut into eight pieces and arrange on a greased or sprayed cookie sheet.

cover with shredded cheese. we also add diced onions and grren onions and maybe cilantro if we have it.

Bake at 450 until the chees is melted about 15 minutes. Serve with sour cream

dntbgmeb4cofe
    by on Nov. 12, 2010 at 11:11 PM

• rkoloms
    • by  on Nov. 10, 2009 at 8:08 AM
    • On the weekends I cook and freeze rice, beans, soup, chili, burritos, etc. I cook and refrigerate pasta. I keep lots of frozen, chopped veggies around to throw in sauces, soups, stir-fries, etc.

Sweet Potato Burritos
      3 teaspoons olive oil
      1 onion, chopped
      4 cloves garlic, minced
      6 cups canned kidney beans, drained (I use home cooked black beans; you can use any bean)
      2 cups water
      3 tablespoons chili powder
      2 teaspoons ground cumin
      4 teaspoons prepared mustard
      1 pinch cayenne pepper, or to taste
      3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
      4 cups cooked and mashed sweet potatoes
      12 whole wheat tortillas, warmed
      shredded cheese (whatever you have)
      Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Heat oil in a medium skillet, and saute onion and garlic in until soft. Stir in beans, and mash. Gradually stir in water, and heat until warm. Remove from heat,
      and stir in the chili powder, cumin, mustard, cayenne pepper and soy sauce. Divide bean mixture and mashed sweet potatoes evenly between the warm flour tortillas. Top with cheese. Fold up tortillas burrito style. Bake for 12 minutes in the preheated oven, and serve. NOTE: I put the cheese inside and freeze burritos wrapped in wax paper in a big zipper bag; they can be microwaved safely in the wax paper   

Robin in Chicago

SweetLuci
    by Luci on Jan. 9, 2011 at 10:41 PM

Bacon Ranch Potatoes

8 to 10 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into ½ inch cubes
    1 can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
    1 ¼ cups milk
    1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
    1 ¼ cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
    Salt and pepper to taste
    6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
    Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil; cook until
    almost tender, about 10 minutes. Drain; place in a greased 13x9 inch baking
    dish. Combine soup, milk, salad dressing mix, 1 cup cheese, salt and pepper;
    pour over potatoes. Top with remaining cheese and bacon. Bake, uncovered, at
    350 for 25-30 minutes or until potatoes are tender and sauce is bubbly.

Add your quick reply below:
    You must be a member to reply to this post.
    Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
    Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
    other members!
    Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN